Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lions Led By Donkeys!

• 01-07-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I look at Cowan, Kenny, Martin, Bruton, Haughey to name a few and in my opinion the phrase Irish people are Lions led by Donkeys springs to mind.

The people have chosen the politicians that lead them, how do we get a better gene pool to choose from. Ming Flanagan, Marian Harkin, Mick Wallace to name names went in to the Dail to make a difference and I had high hopes but they have been an unmitigated disaster with poor attendance etc. Should we have a college for politicians & councillors like in France as ours seem to be bottom of the league with Greece?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If we had a politician's university Bertie Ahern would probably have tenure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Maybe Donkeys led by Donkeys would be more fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I am also disappointed with Warren Gatland's tactics over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Anonoboy, he would have a job for life with $200k+ salary & expenses like yer man in Waterford RTC and it would take an act in the Dail to sack him, great coounntry !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I think we could've won the test series on Saturday but I wouldn't put it down to Gatland.It's a shame that Halfpenny didn't get the kick at the end but we move on to next week with high hopes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It's not all his fault. We gave away some silly penalties and it's not like we lost by a huge margin, that kick in the end could have saved us. We can still beat them in Sydney.

Calling Gatland a donkey is a bit harsh, OP

Nimrod7, he has till next match to sort it out, different type of donkey is Warren compared to the esteemed company i mentioned in my post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I only came here as I thought it was a video.

booo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

So we elect crooks and they take advantage of the system. We elect honest men/women and they get corrupted by the system. At point someone is going to have to look at the system itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭tritium

We elected them op

I wouldn't be rushing to describe the pathetic, selfish, tribal article that constitutes the classic Irish voter as a lion

More a weasel

With a touch of lemming thrown in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

That's sheep,

muttonhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'll vote for you if you can do better OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

In the style of David Attenborough: "And here in the African savannah we witness the never before filmed sight of a pride of lions led by an ass. Extraordinary.".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ah but Paulie was missing sure what could gatty do about that. Although only bringing 2 outhalves was folly indeed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

It's simply amazing that in the almost 100 years the State has existed, the Plain People of Ireland have never managed to elect a good politician. The Plain People of Ireland are a hard-working, intelligent and decent bunch, but all they seem to do is elect lazy, thick and slimy politicians.

Freaky eh?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sheep led by donkeys more like. Donkeys the sheep keep voting in. I don't particularly blame the parish pump gombeen with the slick grin and the dodgy accounts. We hand over our votes to these gobshítes and have done for generations. Indeed some became more popular when they were found to be more crooked than a fiddlers elbow. When you look around the Dail it says more about us than about them. That said we certainly have stuck in some new blood at the last election which is good, but that won't last. Back when everyone was lambasting FF here I predicted give it 5-10 years and they'll be welcomed back with open arms. I reckon I'll win that bet too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Sergeant wrote: »
    It's simply amazing that in the almost 100 years the State has existed, the Plain People of Ireland have never managed to elect a good politician. The Plain People of Ireland are a hard-working, intelligent and decent bunch, but all they seem to do is elect lazy, thick and slimy politicians.

Freaky eh?
    [citation needed]

Wibbs, i totally agree, but even the new ones we elected in have been sh@t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Gobsh*tes led by sh*tehawks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭positron

No such thing as 'lions led by donkeys'.

The saying "people or nations gets the government they deserve" is more accurate, and it works - let it be Iraq, Afghanistan, USA or here in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Wibbs wrote: »
    Sheep led by donkeys more like. Donkeys the sheep keep voting in..
    Throw in a few wolves and pigs and a few well cut wool suits and you have the whole Manor farm that we see today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I think donkeys are the wisest-looking animals I've ever seen actually. Not sure why they get so much stick for being stupid. Any donkey-farmers here got any anecdotal evidence that they are in fact dumb? My guess is their passive nature is mistaken for them being led all the time but I think the collective suffering of donkeys-past manifests in the minds of all donkeys-present where they have actually reached a state of enlightenment and realise the fleetingness of form and as such, have ceased resisting and surrendered completely.

Just my 2c on donkeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I think donkeys are the wisest-looking animals I've ever seen actually. Not sure why they get so much stick for being stupid. Any donkey-farmers here got any anecdotal evidence that they are in fact dumb? My guess is their passive nature is mistaken for them being led all the time but I think the collective suffering of donkeys-past manifests in the minds of all donkeys-present where they have actually reached a state of enlightenment and realise the fleetingness of form and as such, have ceased resisting and surrendered completely.

Just my 2c on donkeys.
    Surprisingly insightful observation on the Irish condition.:)
    Am I still in AH:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Wibbs, i totally agree, but even the new ones we elected in have been sh@t

"Shot"?

Please be "shot"! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Wibbs wrote: »
    Back when everyone was lambasting FF here I predicted give it 5-10 years and they'll be welcomed back with open arms. I reckon I'll win that bet too.

How right you are and the cycle of shyte will continue.

Zebra3 , made me laugh didn't view it like that, if you want then shot, lets get some more . I think under those conditions we'd get what we paid for not the gombeen parish pump merchants we have

Advertisement