Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pilates in North Dublin

• 01-07-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Been recommened to do pilates by physio to improve back muscles going into next rugby season. Can anyone recommend a physio in north dublin (preferably towards the coast side of the city)? I sense mostly women at classes, although could be wrong, so if there is one where a few lads go to would probably feel more comfterable as would stand out less.

Cheers,

Chris85

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

chris85 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Been recommened to do pilates by physio to improve back muscles going into next rugby season. Can anyone recommend a physio in north dublin (preferably towards the coast side of the city)? I sense mostly women at classes, although could be wrong, so if there is one where a few lads go to would probably feel more comfterable as would stand out less.

Cheers,

Chris85

I assume you meant pilates class?. I go to a class in MUgym in Malahide. The class is run separately by this woman studio12pilates so you don't need to be a gym member, as you pay her directly.

You're right, bar myself, it is all women :pac:
    I wouldn't be too put off to be honest. Its weird at first, but sure you spend most of the time looking at the ceiling or floor.

I've been doing it a good while now and happily take the slagging off mates over the wonders its done for my back. Honestly its never been in better condition, and I'd highly recommend it for anyone with back/leg/core issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Discostuy wrote: »
    I assume you meant pilates class?. I go to a class in MUgym in Malahide. The class is run separately by this woman studio12pilates so you don't need to be a gym member, as you pay her directly.

I wouldn't be too put off to be honest. Its weird at first, but sure you spend most of the time looking at the ceiling or floor.

I've been doing it a good while now and happily take the slagging off mates over the wonders its done for my back. Honestly its never been in better condition, and I'd highly recommend it for anyone with back/leg/core issues.

Yeah cheers, meant pilates. :D I have no major issues at the moment but last 2 seasons I have had lower back pains within the first month of the season due to scrummaging and the pressure it puts on the lower back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

It's worth a shot. You need to stick with it for a while to get the benefits though. I found the beginner classes were a bit to gentle, so bumped up to the intermediate.

I suffered a lot with random back spasms, which were triggered from nothing. I could bend over to tie a shoe lace and it would lock up. I'd be in agony for a day and it would take 2-3 days to loosen up.
    It turned out my hip flexors and deeper hip/core muscles were too tight and too weak to support my back, so my lower back took all the pressure which it isn't able for.

The pilates has done wonders for me. Sitting at a desk all day, weights in the gym and long cycles used to have me stiff and aching, but now I don't have any issues.

I'd actually recommend it to anyone as part of a regular training regime, its has my abs and leg muscles in great shape too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gymprincess27

Discostuy wrote: »

Pilates is not all women, I go to the pilates center in Clontarf and there is 3 fellas in my class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

+1 for the pilates centre in Clontarf. They do the reformer pilates too which is the craic. Plus they have a superb Physio workin outta there too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 gymprincess27

thehamo wrote: »
    +1 for the pilates centre in Clontarf. They do the reformer pilates too which is the craic. Plus they have a superb Physio workin outta there too

It is a great place, and the staff are lovely aswell.

Advertisement