Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Slight tear in seatbelt and indicator housing damaged; NCT Fail?

• 01-07-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Just bought a car and noticed a tear in a rear seatbelt and the indicator housing damaged but still fully working.

I'll be replacing the seatbelt just for safety sake in case I ever have passengers in the back of the car, which I never have but you never know, better safe than sorry. Currently waiting for a seatbelt to come in stock and have ordered an indicator housing.

My question is and I think the answer is pretty obvious, but those are both straight up fails?

Might have the NCT before I can get these parts, so that's why I'm asking in case I need to rearrange the date.

UvizCa9.jpg

w8m822k.jpg

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Torn seatbelt is definate advisary as it's a safety device. Just hope they don't spot it until you replace. I'm sure the high horse parade will be along soon to tell you you're going to die and are irresponsible etc.

Cracked/ Broken lens is the same. You may get away with using some book covering (clear sticky stuff).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Will def fail on belt but do put it through anyway as both would be visual checks after you've fixed them.
    Hopefully they won't find anything else wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The lens is cheap-ish to replace anyway. It's a separate part to the rest of the mirror housing as far as I remember.

How would the seat belt get wrecked like that? Beggars belief what people do to their cars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

One of my seatbelts is somewhat frayed and it passed the NCT (they didnt even mention it), but its not anything like as damaged as that one.

Advertisement