Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LUAS red cow

Options
  • 01-07-2013 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey all,was wondering does anyone know how long it will take me to get from Red cow to Kylemore on the luas?? i know its only one stop but im gonna be caught for time and every minute counts.any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

4 - 5 mins tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

actual journey time is 3-5 minutes but often the luas can wait at the stop for a driver change or something else. Ive sat at red cow for longer than it takes to get from red cow to kylemore before.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mickeyodee

okay not too long then delays included..another thing actually for anyone who knows the area well enough,ill be walking from the newlands cross(bus stop jj kavanaghs)up to the red cow,im guessing this could be around 15 minute walk,would I be rite or anyone know any different??thanks again guys

at least 15 mins I think. If youre pressed for time there are quicker methods.

Basically what im doing is,getting the bus to newlands arriving at 7.05(hopefully)then walking to red cow to get the luas to kylemore from where ill walk up past mcdonalds to kylemore west business park to start work at 8.00..is this possible??

• Advertisement

mickeyodee wrote: »
    Basically what im doing is,getting the bus to newlands arriving at 7.05(hopefully)then walking to red cow to get the luas to kylemore from where ill walk up past mcdonalds to kylemore west business park to start work at 8.00..is this possible??

under an hour from newlands cross to kylemore? easy, you could walk the whole thing in about 50 minutes.
    if its for work I would recommend taking a test run a day or so before tho. you wouldn't want any unexpected surprises.

yeah its for work,thats what i was thinkin only real delay i can see is the bus what with traffic and all,anyway thanks for the info much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'm not sure where the bus leaves you off, or exactly where Kylemore West business park is, but this might help:

http://hittheroad.ie/#from=Green+Isle+Conference+and+Leisure+Hotel+Dublin,+Dublin%2853.309967,-6.402572%29&to=53.334382,-6.351584

Walking from Newlands Cross to the Red Cow luas is a bit of a pita crossing traffic - you could wait forever for the lights to change.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

mickeyodee wrote: »

Are you getting the 76 bus from Tallaght? The 68/69 from Clondalkin Village would be the quickest way to the Kylemore Luas stop if you can time them. 13 does it as well.

I'd say you could do it your way with about 10-15 minutes to spare depending on your walking pace. 7.05, 7.20 at the Luas stop, 5 minutes worst case scenario to wait for a Luas if you just miss one, 6 minutes for the Luas to get to Kylemore 10 minutes walk to Kylemore West..

pretty quick walking pace no worries there,.im coming from carlow town on jj kavanaghs bus and theres no stops on the way so as long as the bus aint delayed i should be ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement