Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running partner in Portlaoise

Options
  • 01-07-2013 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All,

I've started training for the Dublin City Marathon 2013 and am looking for a running partner to train with. I'm a beginner runner (having only started running Dec 2012) My goal is to finish the marathon!

I'm currently on target for a 4hour time - my long run pace steady at 5.40min/km. I do 4 runs a week (Tue/Wed/Fri and long run on a Sunday) if I could get someone to run even just the long runs on a Sunday with me it would be great.

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Try the portlaoise Athletics club and/or trilogy triathlon.
    They are both on Facebook and have meetings every day of the week during they summer. Go along to one or two training seasons and you will have a partner in no time. Good luck with the marathon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Try over on the Athletics/Running forum or ask one of the mods to move this thread there.

I'd say you'll find a few from Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 clearly

Thanks Guys, The Athlectics club meet at awkward times for me, generally around bath/bedtime for my two boys so that option is out, I'll try over on Athlectics

Advertisement