Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems trying to close a Visa Business Card Account

Options
  • 01-07-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello,

I am trying to close a BOI Business Visa Card account. Called to College Green Branch and paid the closing figure on the card. The Cashier took the card from me and said to call credit card services and they would close off the account. When I called the lady said I would need to send my credit card details to visabusinesscards@boi.com.

I am hesitant to send my card details through email as it's insecure and mails can be intercepted. Can you please advise me on a secure way to close this credit card/account. I closed my personal credit card with no problems.

Thanks,

Derek

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi derekjones.

Thanks for getting in touch.

We understand your predicament and appreciate the fact you are hesitant sending your credit card details by email.

The request to close a Business Visa can be sent in writing, however it is also possible to close the account in the branch where it was opened. Please contact your account holding branch directly and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Details for your branch can be found here.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement