Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Care Practice in IT Sligo

• 01-07-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hello. :)

So I just completed a FETAC level 5 in Applied Social studies and got 6 distinctions, 1 merit and 2 pass.

I really REALLY want Social care practice in IT Sligo. Do you think my chances are high in getting into Sligo? Its my number 1 choice on my CAO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kellyharan

Hey i have just done the same as a number 1 choice & thru FETAC :) not to sure of my results yet but i done really good throughout the year :) By the looks of things u have a good chance by a really good result :)

Good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

Cool :) Let me know how you done.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Karolyn

currychips wrote: »
    Hello. :)

So I just completed a FETAC level 5 in Applied Social studies and got 6 distinctions, 1 merit and 2 pass.

I really REALLY want Social care practice in IT Sligo. Do you think my chances are high in getting into Sligo? Its my number 1 choice on my CAO.

Hi, sorry I'm new to boards and prob not doing this right but I'm thinking of doing the FETAC social studies and then applying for a degree in social care probably DKIT and DIT, I would be applying as a mature, are u also a mature? Is it hard to get a place on the degree? I have applied for nursing the last 2 years and I'm not getting enough points, it's heartbreaking but I've always had an interest in social care and think this might be a better option for me . Any advice is welcome. And can i ask about your work placements and what u were doing? Sorry I'm not much help to your original question :((

Hiya :) Ya with social studies u will have a good chance, it has all the modules that you need to have..:) ... No i'm not a mature student :-( I done general studies this year to get me into social care :) .. Nursing is so hard to get into I wanted to do midwifery but knew i wouldn't stand a chance... As a work placement i done every Friday for nine months in playschool.. :) Hope that's some sort a help to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Karolyn

Hi thanks, I was reading up on it last night and it states as a mature that I would need to have done voluntary work in the social area so that's something I could look into for a start, I got a place on the FETAC pre nursing this year but would still have to sit the mature exam again next year and I'm wondering if switching to social care would give me a better chance of getting into college. I lost my job and had no idea how hard it is to get a college place as a mature and likewise if ur not a mature but didnt get enough points for ur course. There seems to be very little places on FETAC but best of luck to u both, I hope u get a place, the system isn't fair.

• Advertisement

I got offered my second chioce ,, in Athlone :(

Really disappointed cause Sligo was my number 1 !

I accepted it, but still hoping that I get offered Sligo on the 19th !

PRAY FOR ME! :)

hello awh thats still good though.. But i will pray lol :) Ino the feeling...

I got sligo as number one choice and athlone but accepted sligo :)

Hope u get the choice u want...

was that a level 6/7 in athlone...

2 more rounds to go so hopefully ull be lucky :D

Did many get into this course I didnt get in :( Gutted is not the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 micheal kilheeney 94

hey , im applyn for that same course ... how are u getting on with it ... what do you think my chances would be to get in from fetec 5 this year ???

Advertisement