Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie Clancy Festival

• 01-07-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

anyone here ever go to it? is it good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Haven't been for years, but I've always found it brilliant.

But it really depends what you're into.

Horses for courses, and all that......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Annually. Best times are midweek from around 4pm to 10pm. Less hassle than the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I am staying in a hostel in Lahinch for Wed, Thurs & Friday nights, I e-mailed the hostel about parking but no reply, would anyone tell me where I could park safely. I dont mind paying for parking. The hostel don't have their own parking facilities! Will be using taxi getting to & from Miltown Malbay. THanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

hillbloom wrote: »
    I am staying in a hostel in Lahinch for Wed, Thurs & Friday nights, I e-mailed the hostel about parking but no reply, would anyone tell me where I could park safely. I dont mind paying for parking. The hostel don't have their own parking facilities! Will be using taxi getting to & from Miltown Malbay. THanks

Which hostel? West Coast Lodge has a few parking spaces.

You'll be able park within a couple of hundred yards at worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

Lahinch Golf and Leisure hotel has a big car park. There's a €3 exit fee though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Can't wait for Willie week! I agree with finbarrk, during the week is the best time to go, still lively enough without being messy/jam-packed

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dorusfransen

Carpool: 2 persons looking to travel from Dublin to Milltown Malbay on Saturday 6th/Sunday 7th July. Sharing travel expenses. We'll be camping at Spanish Point and doing workshops for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Thanks for all the advice. Its the Lahinch hostel we are staying in. Is the car a bother trying to get parking, we could get dropped off & picked up on Sunday if need be!! What do ye think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Thanks for all the advice. Its the Lahinch hostel we are staying in. Is the car a bother trying to get parking, we could get dropped off & picked up on Sunday if need be!! What do ye think!

always handier to be dropped off and picked up. it can get busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

If you're talking about parking in Lahinch it should be no problem. Just park in the hotel car park and you can get your taxi to Miltown.

Suppose you could leave your car in the Golf Club anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

finbarrk wrote: »
    Suppose you could leave your car in the Golf Club anyway.

Not recommended. It's not a public car aprk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bd_90

Heading down Monday, the plan is to head to lehinch beach for the morning as that's where we're staying!and then miltown For the evening, have never been before and am just wondering will it be easy to get too and from by taxi? Any other tips on where to go for the best music etc? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

You won't have a any issues getting taxis there, the return journey might leave you waiting a while
    As for the venues, presuming you mean trad :)
    The Central Hotel
    The Market House
    The Blondes (Clearys)
    Westbridge
    These will have decent musicians all week
    But there will literally be music everywhere and with the forecast good it should be a great weekend

There will be music in all the pubs. Only 12 of them left now though. There used to be over 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bd_90

Thanks for the help, we were thinking getting back could prove to be some hassle all right! We are not the kind of girls to be heading to bed early so was just wondering the closing times, where is best to head for a late night? Very excited now, and the weather couldnt look any better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I love Willie Clancy. Why go to Electric Picnic when you can spend a weekend somewhere with normal prices and bars that stay open all night?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I always enjoy Michael A's back there, seems a small bar at the front but there's a massive tent/marquee out the back of it and normally great craic.

bd_90 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help, we were thinking getting back could prove to be some hassle all right! We are not the kind of girls to be heading to bed early so was just wondering the closing times, where is best to head for a late night? Very excited now, and the weather couldnt look any better!

Best place for a late night in the last few years has been in either of the hotels in Spanish Point. The Armada will be busy and it goes on late. The Miltown pubs don't go on all night. The owners and staff usually have enough of it at around 2am. The back bar of the Central would be later alright. Try the Armada I would recommend.

• Advertisement

I was there for a while yesterday evening. It was comfortable as the hot afternoon meant that lots of people went to the beach instead of town. Great music in Mickey Wilsons. (Lynches).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Was back there earlier in the week and it was UNREAL!! Making a return tomorrow night!!

Yesterday evening was grand there but last night got too messy with kids drinking on the street. Went to the Armada at around 11.30.

Advertisement