Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steak on Stone in City Centre

Options
  • 01-07-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Group of us looking to go for Steak on stone somewhere in town this Friday and looking for place to go. Nothing too pricey and Rustic stone and shanahans too pricey for what were looking.

Appreciate peoples reply on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Check out the lotts on Liffey streat,, think I seen Thing on the table about 2 steaks on stones and a bottle of wine for 30 euro

* * * SPECIAL OFFER * * *
    (Available seven days a week!)
    2x 10 Oz Sirloin Steaks and a Bottle of Wine
    Only €30.00!

http://www.thelottscafebar.com/menu-steak-on-the-stone.htm

Have to admit I really liking this pub of late,, Great for food and the beer is good,,, (shame about the TV`s)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Cafe Carlo on O'Connel St do a great steak on the stone, there's usually deals on the discount sites as well for it like here: http://offers.pigsback.com/offer/80652?pb_aid=MDP&pb_cid=b9c097c4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

not in the city centre,but browns barn on the naas rd. does it and it would be a fair bit easier on the wallet than the rustic stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Check out the lotts on Liffey streat,, think I seen Thing on the table about 2 steaks on stones and a bottle of wine for 30 euro

Only €30.00!

Have to admit I really liking this pub of late,, Great for food and the beer is good,,, (shame about the TV`s)

that's hard to beat,food is always up to a fairly high standard there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The Rustic Stone. George's St.

Luvverly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

+1 on Carlo's on O'Connell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Whoops! Just reread the OP to see they don't want the Rustic Stone...

Sorry.

Although it is well worth saving for...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've heard that somewhere in Castleknock also does steak on the stone, but I don't know more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Only €30.00!

It's a great deal, really nice food plus half bottle of wine for €15.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

dudara wrote: »
    I've heard that somewhere in Castleknock also does steak on the stone, but I don't know more than that.

Yep, that would be Brasserie 15 which is local to me. The steak is good and you get a selection of 3 sauces - bernaise, pepper and garlic butter but at €26 for an 8oz and €33 for a 10oz steak it's a bit pricey.

Also not in Dublin city either...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I went to Carlo's on O'Connell St. once.

The food was grand however.... call me old fashioned but I prefer my restaurants without the TV sets on the walls showing whatever nonsense reality tv show is on at that particular moment.

Atmosphere in the place was all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Check out the lotts on Liffey streat,
    ...Great for food and the beer is good,,, (shame about the TV`s)
    The food was grand however.... call me old fashioned but I prefer my restaurants without the TV sets on the walls showing whatever nonsense reality tv show is on at that particular moment.

I can't stand TV's on showing random soap operas or Sky news or whatever in a place serving food, to me it is totally inappropriate (in most cases - however if it's a dedicated sports bar or a place showing a sports match to people who want to watch it that's fine of course).

If you don't like TV's on - please tell the server or the management. I think so many people just flip the telly on and have it on all day it never occurs to them that they may be losing business over it. So tell them or they'll never know!

Tv`s are bone of Contention with me I have to admit, If I walk into a Pub and See one on, I turn around and Leave ,,or Sit where I cant see the blasted thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Tv`s are bone of Contention with me I have to admit, If I walk into a Pub and See one on, I turn around and Leave ,,or Sit where I cant see the blasted thing

Me too - but I've started telling the barman why I'm leaving, if Sky News or something is on. I get some funny looks but I don't care, there are plenty of pubs in this city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

the lotts is good food and great price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Is Lotts back to being a decent spot?

Years ago (2010/11) it got shocking. I used to go a lot especially for the period when they had the piano playing. But something changed - possibly the management/owner - and standards dropped completely. Throwing starters out with mains, or one main coming out with your partners coming out 10 minutes later. There were letters sent, not all replied to, the missus took them up on a good offer but same story - wrong order, billed wrong, was told the offer was rescinded. Was a massive pity because for a long time it was an overall fantastic night-out for food and drink. Would be tempted to go again whenever I'm back in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Atmosphere in the place was all wrong.

+1. The steak on the stone dinner here is nice but the restaurant itself lacks atmosphere and charm. They were short staffed the night I was there too. Its a fairly basic place and its not somewhere I would want to be taken for a romantic dinner.

Re the Lotts..

have only been going Recently, food was good, service was good, complained once about a pint as it clearly wasnt what I ordered, they grumbled a bit, but replaced it, evenon Busy Friday after work, seems always booked out,, but have had food and no problems with Service etc
    Worth a Shot if you ask me,, Give it a try when you are back and let me know how you get on,,

Advertisement