Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in carlow town

Options
  • 01-07-2013 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey guys,just wondering is there any free parking in carlow town,ive been told down by nancy whiskeys is free but not 100% any one on here know??any help much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

tescos is free, limit of 3 hours tho . Nancy Whiskeys is paid parking

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mickeyodee

yeah thanks for that,need it for the whole day tho from round 6 til 7..i thought down centaur street around the polish shop there was free??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

mickeyodee wrote: »
    yeah thanks for that,need it for the whole day tho from round 6 til 7..i thought down centaur street around the polish shop there was free??

Its free after a certain time but im not sure what the times are tho . There is all day parking available in some car parks for a couple of euro .

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Is the college free parking during the summer? I think the old super value is free. Just behind the cathedral. I could be wrong about that through. You can park in the Garda station for free all day and night. Or at least, a friend of mine does.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

You can't park in the (IT) college, registered vehicles only. Clampers are in and out all the time. Don't know about Carlow College though...

The old Supervalu was paid parking, I think it still is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

There's a little patch beside the Ulster Bank that takes about 8 cars. Free all day parking there afaik, if you're early enough to get in.

Mister Man wrote: »
    Is the college free parking during the summer? I think the old super value is free. Just behind the cathedral. I could be wrong about that through. You can park in the Garda station for free all day and night. Or at least, a friend of mine does.
    If you mean the Council car park opposite the Garda Station, that's paid parking. You'd need some neck to park you car in the Garda station car park without permission. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Behind the Irishmans is €3 for as long as you like, can't really beat that and your central

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

slimjimmc wrote: »
    If you mean the Council car park opposite the Garda Station, that's paid parking. You'd need some neck to park you car in the Garda station car park without permission. :)

I mean the little one right beside the station itself. My friend has no permission or anything, and nothing is ever said. Left it there over night a couple of times too. Gardí often walk past has he gets into or out of his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Mister Man wrote: »
    I mean the little one right beside the station itself. My friend has no permission or anything, and nothing is ever said. Left it there over night a couple of times too. Gardí often walk past has he gets into or out of his car.

I'd often park it in the Garda station if I was going out on a Friday night, saves rushing down early Saturday morning, and you'd want some neck to rob it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I'd often park it in the Garda station if I was going out on a Friday night, saves rushing down early Saturday morning, and you'd want some neck to rob it from there

My bro done this for years!

I often park around pembroke, never had any problems over night. Also some spaces in the housing estate across the Kilkenny road from Carlow Town Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jolou86

I think my bigger problem is the issue or poorly lit areas. And I do mean for everyone, not just me.... Certain areas are a bit dodgy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

College is ok during the summer. You wont be clamped.

Its free down at Woodies too isnt it?

Advertisement