Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop-in exercise classes in the city

Options
  • 01-07-2013 3:05pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to get fit and want to start doing a few drop in classes until I find something I like enough to sign up for on a more permanent basis (perhaps). Is there any all-encompassing website that would list drop in classes or will I just have to search by venue?

I am looking in the Dublin 8/Dublin 2 area. I have the times for classes in the YMCA on Aungier St and Danzon drop in salsa classes in Garda Club on Harrington Street. Where else should I be looking?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Look for a drop in TRX class, you won't look back. I only know of ones in the Dublin 15 area though because that's where I live at the moment.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

January wrote: »
    Look for a drop in TRX class, you won't look back. I only know of ones in the Dublin 15 area though because that's where I live at the moment.

Actually - you've just reminded me that they do TRX in the Kevin Street DIT gym. Their opening hours for the summer are fairly bad as the students are all off. I must check the class times though, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Markievicz gym on Townsend st seem to have a pretty good variation of stuff - TRX, Spin, aqua Fit, kettle bells and the like! €7.25 to drop into evening classes or €4.25 for morning or lunchtime.

http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/SportsFacilities/LeisureCentres/Locations/markievicz/Pages/OpeningHoursandPrices.aspx

Advertisement