Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie's diary part two

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Oryx wrote: »
    In my experience any plan (however well thought out) that has to be listed in bullet points is doomed to failure.

The plan in my head is "don't eat as much crap, don't drink as much wine, train more and reduce portion size".

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

tunney wrote: »
    The plan in my head is "don't eat as much crap, don't drink as much wine, train more and reduce portion size".
    Put simply the 'Why am I doing this?' plan. As in everything you eat/drink/train, you ask Why am I doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

If it tastes divine, don't eat it often

I totally agree with this one as a number of years ago when I was trying to shed the pounds a dietician told me 'just cut out the one thing you like the most.'
    Buns got the bin and I got the result. One small change can be the motivation which kick starts the whole process so best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

However a hideous photo of me in Blacksod triathlon has made the soon now. (I appreciate being sent it, the difference between the last time I wore that tri top and the weekend are staggering).

I think I speak for everyone when I say, we need to see this photo. :P

BTH wrote: »

Seriously yourself, LCD, jackyback, and fazz got to break your holes laughing as I was wedged into my wetsuit by two people. I think you know the extent of my shape!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

In case anyone is wondering, the inspirational and glorious photo of the naked backside of the elite athlete I mentioned on my log last night is not of Tunney.

(Eat sensibly, drink moderately, sleep soundly, and train with your heart.)

This weeks plan just hasn't happened. Mainly because of Saturday. I just hadn't expected to suffer as much, nor for the residual pain and discomfort to last so long. I could barely make it up stairs Monday and Tuesday nevermind train. The performances of everyone else meant I just had to dig SO deep just to try and limit my losses. I've a whole new perspective and much more respect for everyone. But it is what it is and I will work hard, prepare and I will make damn sure I am ready for the wedding in 3 weeks - I will not be drunk under the table at that.

Any takers on a 3hr(ish) North Dublin spin tomorrow rolling out at "I have kids o'clock"? Plan on being on the rode at 0530

Anyone work around the IFSC looking for a lunch time running partner? Flexible on time and 4:45-5:00 per km at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

This weeks plan just hasn't happened. Mainly because of Saturday. I just hadn't expected to suffer as much, nor for the residual pain and discomfort to last so long. I could barely make it up stairs Monday and Tuesday nevermind train. The performances of everyone else meant I just had to dig SO deep just to try and limit my losses. I've a whole new perspective and much more respect for everyone. But it is what it is and I will work hard, prepare and I will make damn sure I am ready for the

I read this far thinking good man tunney, in spite of yourself you at least gave it 110% in Blacksod at the weekend and the hurt was showing us all how much you can suffer when racing.

And then you blew the illusion to smithereens...
    wedding in 3 weeks - I will not be drunk under the table at that.

• Advertisement

OH FVVVCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

What colour should that be in?

What colour should that be in?

Whatever colour is "I didn't actually think he would win" colour

Friday near killed me. Saturday and Sunday spent in the fetal position making mental notes that what A&E are in their late teens to make LOTS of noise on Sunday mornings and maybe suggestion trips to the park.

Given all the smack and abuse talked Friday (and there was lots) I dragged myself to the pool and slowly drowned up and down the lane for a hour.

Some big talk talked by Fran, Tango and myself in relation to IMde. Best do my best!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Its amazing what a few pints of German Beer do to your confidence!!!!

Mr Tango wrote: »
    Its amazing what a few pints of German Beer do to your confidence!!!!

And the bottle of wine each....... and the jaeger bombs........

Apparently you and JB were given carte blanche to "batter the head off" me. Ah wives......

Off to the man with the tan in the morning. I did something to my back and neck a few weeks back and it wasn't bad but a combination of more typing and more swimming has me in alot of pain. I've an idea of the muscles in spasm and an idea of the associated pain. Also my psoas is "catching" and my TFLs aren't great it. He will make me cry.

Memories (and reminders) are coming back from Friday. As far as I am told I'm winning Frankfurt next year whilst only swimming with one arm and hopping on one leg. I do tend to go on a bit while hammered.
    Anyways........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Memories (and reminders) are coming back from Friday. As far as I am told I'm winning Frankfurt next year whilst only swimming with one arm and hopping on one leg. I do tend to go on a bit while hammered.
    Anyways........

I think we all established that,
    a) We will all easily beat Liams record if we tried/trained hard enough (after several beers smack talking FF)
    b) We know everything more than others
    c) We dont know as much as we know about ourselves
    d) Nidge is alive and well in Drogheda
    e) Tommy likes fizzy orange
    f) Erdinger gets you drunk and hungover
    g) Tunney might be the craziest dancer ever seen
    i) Tunney is a wind up merchant

I think we all established that,
    a) We will all easily beat Liams record if we tried/trained hard enough (after several beers smack talking FF)
    b) We know everything more than others
    c) We dont know as much as we know about ourselves
    d) Nidge is alive and well in Drogheda
    e) Tommy likes fizzy orange
    f) Erdinger gets you drunk and hungover
    g) Tunney might be the craziest dancer ever seen
    i) Tunney is a wind up merchant

j) Fran split his pants "dancing properly"
    k) Fran had to be carried to bed and put to bed by Tango

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

i) Is hardly a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

i) Is hardly a surprise.

In fairness either is k), not able for these mad days/nights out any more or the 2 day hangovers that follow.

I say this while hoping there are no videos.

I'm not that bad a dancer.

Oryx and I would love to see Tunney dance.

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Oryx and I would love to see Tunney dance.

I had planned on coming out for some boards drinks after DCM unfortunately I am off to Amsterdam with work. Hope the taper is going well.

I had planned on coming out for some boards drinks after DCM unfortunately I am off to Amsterdam with work. Hope the taper is going well.

Dammit! Oryx and I were going to double team you on the dance floor.

Gary you are going down.
    Down down down I tells ya.

Gary you are going down.
    Down down down I tells ya.
    twitter >>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

twitter >>>>>

nah, this was a club mail.

mloc123 wrote: »
    nah, this was a club mail.

"As for your "training" log Tunney, no issue there with making me think I am not doing enough!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Sounds like he's confident he'll get revenge from 2 years ago :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement