Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie's diary part two

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

So whats the big difference in the blog? No whinging. Just HTFU and SIU.

I'm not hitting the turbos, I am running and swimming. I am eating clean and I am loosing weight.

Weekend and tonight tomorrow could be challenging - ear infection (him) and vomitting bug (her). May have to do something different about bike training.

Watch your back Gary!

Good post on the importance of a good position

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BavMCm0CcAAQ44A.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

tunney wrote: »
    Good post on the importance of a good position

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BavMCm0CcAAQ44A.png:large

To be fair, the road bike with clip ons position is terrible. Even flipping the stem would make make a massive difference. It's like they didn't even try to make him aero. There's a middle ground there for those who don't want to/can't afford to splash out on a TT bike.

BTH wrote: »
    To be fair, the road bike with clip ons position is terrible. Even flipping the stem would make make a massive difference. It's like they didn't even try to make him aero. There's a middle ground there for those who don't want to/can't afford to splash out on a TT bike.

yeah but you see alot of dodgy positions

Kids sick so stopped at Chemist, locked bike outside but not to anything. Inside chatting and a girl says "There is someone at your bike". Go outside bike gone. Look around the corner and there is a lad there belting it down the road with my bike. Pi$$ it after him, around a corner and think "feck I hope he is on his own". See him further down a different road about to go around another corner. Continue legging it in my MTB cycling shoes. Around the corner and there he is trying to make himself look different by taking off his coat etc and no bike. "WHERE THE FVCK IS MY BIKE?" I roared at a skinny little 14 year scrote. "WAAAWWWWW STOREEE BUDDD GOOD JOKE MAN, I JUST CAME OUT OF THAT HOUSE. WAAAWWWWW, gonna spend the rest of my life sponging off the state" (I added the last bit).

I'm not a gratuitously violent man, nor aggressive, and I am acutely aware of the implications of a 34 year old man decking a 14 year old knacker. "COMMMPPOOOOOO BUD" so I turned and ran back. Obviously the bike had been thrown over a wall to be revisited later. Gardens and the rest checked and the bike found.

Phone call then at 11pm last night - guards, CCTV and the chemist reported it. Would I give a statement. "Of course Guard, I'll be down". Really glad I didn't hit the scrote now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Really glad I didn't hit the scrote now.

given the tendency for some passer by to start filming these things on a smartphone i'd say that was a wise choice

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Glad you got it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Imagine if he'd have robbed it 6 months ago......you'd have never have caught the scrote.

I'd probably have decked him, so well done on showing some restraint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

So you've just proven you can run faster than an Olympian ;)

AKW wrote: »

very good, that one took a few seconds..:)

• Advertisement

AKW wrote: »

I'm brain dead from a morning of meetings. Hint?????

I'm brain dead from a morning of meetings. Hint?????

someone else may have lost their bike recently and not gotten it back, a specialized.

mossym wrote: »
    someone else may have lost their bike recently and not gotten it back, a specialized.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thanks. Missed that one.

And the award for TDAR brainiac goes to mloc. Well done.

And the award for TDAR brainiac goes to mloc. Well done.

your turn to explain that one now

mossym wrote: »
    your turn to explain that one now

No no. He deserves. Less than 24 hours.

When I was training properly I avoided all of Glenda's friends kids, to much disgust and many fights, as I viewed them as plague carrying snot bags that made everyone sick.
    I stand by my assessment of children. However given that are my own now I cannot, nor do I want to, avoid them.
    What the kids had I have. Except I don't get cartoons, ice cream and my back scratched.

Chest infection (5 days antibotics) two day break and then into tonsillitis (double dose for 7 days).

Barely left the house. GRRRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Chest infection (5 days antibotics) two day break and then into tonsillitis (double dose for 7 days).

Barely left the house. GRRRRR

:( No wonder you've been so quiet. I hope you are feeling better!!! If not, I know a 3 hour turbo session that will certainly cure what ails you. ;)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    :( No wonder you've been so quiet. I hope you are feeling better!!! If not, I know a 3 hour turbo session that will certainly cure what ails you. ;)

Just been in bed 18 hours a day if not more. About 1000 work emails and similar personal to get through now.

I'm sure that turbo session would do me the world of good and if I had it I would not whinge as I'm sure it could have been worse

• Advertisement

Merry Christmas, Tunney. I hope Santa brings you an all inclusive kid and household disinfectant, germ-killing, bug-busting, super-sanitizing machine so 2014 will be snot-free for you and yours!! :) (I also hope you have a super-fab day with the wife, kids and assorted family and friends. :D)

Enjoy the chaos of a kiddie christmas. Hope santa delivers whatever your heart desires!

Santa came, he was good to the kids. A challenging Christmas for a number of reasons but still an excellent one!

December was a write off training wise and I'm returning to a little bit of this an that with a view to getting my lardy (13stone this morning) back into something resembling shape.

Back running, cycling and swimming.

I'm enjoying the running and cycling and I am enjoying the *idea* of swimming. Unfortunately not the *reality* of swimming as there are a few problems. One is I've not swam in ages so I've no swim fitness. Another is I've not swam in ages so I've pi$$ poor technique and am "fighting" the water. I dislike fighting the water and cannot wait to getting back to "flowing" with it. Finally its the New Year and and Johnny FatAss and Mary BlobbyWithAHairyMuffNotContainedByMySwimSuitButIStillDoAWideBreastStroke have decided to swim. But they can't swim. At all. Annoying. The sooner they get up and over these delusions the better!

Johnny FatAss and Mary BlobbyWithAHairyMuffNotContainedByMySwimSuitButIStillDoAWideBreastStroke come to my pool, too, but noone told them that you swim up one side of the training lane and down the other, and you DO NOT STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE TO LOOK AROUND AND HAVE A BREATHER!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Finally its the New Year and and Johnny FatAss and Mary BlobbyWithAHairyMuffNotContainedByMySwimSuitButIStillDoAWideBreastStroke have decided to swim. But they can't swim. At all. Annoying. The sooner they get up and over these delusions the better!

At the moment I'm feeling like Johnny FatAss myself in the pool but at least I can swim. The 50m pool is a great place to watch a new years resolution gym member learn the hard way that no, they can't actually swim and just because you can splash your way across the hotel pool in Lanzarote does not mean you are able to do a full 50m length :D

Lets not forget Vladimir Poliskihead the muscle bound gym giant. "I can bench six million sheep therefore I will race this puny Irish in the pool as my post gym cool down. If that does not work I will grope my girlfriend in an inappropriate fashion but hey everyone will know she is waxed."

Rule number 1 of most public pools is: "thou shalt wear a swim cap at all times whilst swimming." Someone might want to remind Mary. ;)

Lets not forget Vladimir Poliskihead the muscle bound gym giant. "I can bench six million sheep therefore I will race this puny Irish in the pool as my post gym cool down. If that does not work I will grope my girlfriend in an inappropriate fashion but hey everyone will know she is waxed."
    Do they clone these people and send them to gyms around the country???

• Advertisement

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Rule number 1 of most public pools is: "thou shalt wear a swim cap at all times whilst swimming." Someone might want to remind Mary. ;)

Doesn't go down well if you throw a swimming cap at an auld one and say "stick that on your fanny, I'm getting hairs in my mouth".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement