Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie's diary part two

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

ray o wrote: »
    You have got to be making this stuff up Dave....

Afraid not. Things got very bad for a while but thankfully the issues that affected the last few years are well on their way to be resolved so will get back to the old me soon!
    ray o wrote: »
    Oh and I hear with the little fella. When it comes to sleeping with a 2 year old in our house all the rules go out the window. I realized very early with Luke that imposing set schedules only made for very frustrated parents. So some nights it's his bed, others its ours and sometimes he will drop off on the couch. I only have the one so I suppose I can get away with that approach.

He is killing us.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

tunney wrote: »
    Woke up this morning (shattered thanks Eoin) and went down for breakfast, sitting at the table Glenda asks "WHATS THAT ON YOUR THIGHS????" pointed at two patches of horrible cuts and abrasions. "Oh thats chubby chaffing - I'm too fat to run" "OH David, you need to sort yourself out"

Bodyglide?

RayCun wrote: »
    Bodyglide?

Lose weight :)

But will have to do something short term

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

He is killing us.

our man still at it too, although at least when he eventually goes to sleep its for the night so id say you have it worse..latest hes gone down yet is 12 its like the sun is charging him up.. most kids tire out when their outside all day.. our guy seems to get more energetic...his brother is the opposite, wants to sleep, but the little guy is keeping him awake.. all kinds of fun..

woody1 wrote: »
    He is killing us.

our man still at it too, although at least when he eventually goes to sleep its for the night so id say you have it worse..latest hes gone down yet is 12 its like the sun is charging him up.. most kids tire out when their outside all day.. our guy seems to get more energetic...his brother is the opposite, wants to sleep, but the little guy is keeping him awake.. all kinds of fun..

Exactly our house.

They both play all day (Glenda gave up her job to look after them so I know they are on the go all day. No telly so its all learning and activity. They both get tired around 1730 after dinner. 20 minutes cartoons, then bath and bed. By 1815 he is fully recharged and just wants to play

Big sister (3.5) in bed at 1900 and sleeps until 0700-0830 (until she gets hungry) in the morning she will say "Eoin had a bad night last night" or similar.

If you come up with a solution please tell me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Bit of whisky on his gums before bed?

:pac:

I was joking with my wife about the weight I needed to loose. I joked "I nearly have to loose an Eoin (20 months) to get to race weigh". Then I worked it out. I have to loose four pounds more than this little girl weighs......

IMG-20130710-WA0000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭ray o

Echinaforce 3 for 2 in Boots at moment Dave. Time to stock up for winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

With twins (our first(s)) on the way, this makes for very worrying reading. It's a pity you can't 'bank' sleep.

Wednesday 10th July 2013

I was shattered in the morning and didn't HTFU and just going swimming "I'll do it after work I said".

Into work, despite being 1km longer its working out faster to get to work in the new offices. Much more dangerous though because of more idiot bus drivers and incompetent drivers (and gobsh1te summer cyclists)

Run at lunch. Still very hot, still very fat, still very slow. Loved every minute of this run. Easy with pickups. Lost alot of leg speed but that will come back.

"I'll swim this evening" is a euphemism for "not a fvcking hope of swimming today". 1900 rolled around and it was my turn to tame the rascal. Only took until 2030 but by then the pool was going to be closing soon (Ben Dunne gym - great price but crap opening hours, pool isn't organised, whole thing could be cleaner but its 250 euro a year as opposed to 75 euro a month like Westwood (which to be honest was always cramped with four lanes in the mornings being used by fish who cannot swim of all things))

Anyways one foot wanted to kick myself for missing stuff. The other one didn't as it recognised that I am moving nicely along the run to returning to training. When I'm fully better it will get easier!

Kids nicked my turbo fans tonight (or rather I put them in their rooms). Whether it was the fans or not Eoin slept from 2030 to 0745 and Aoibhe from 1930 to 0730 - happy days (except for the knackers screaming and shouting at midnight. Oh the joys of living in a state that rewards laziness, stupidity and a lack of discipline. Reverse-Darwinism at its best.

• Advertisement

I thought of another goal for Blacksod. This could be the most challenging of them all. FIT IN MY WETSUIT. Sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

I thought of another goal for Blacksod. This could be the most challenging of them all. FIT IN MY WETSUIT. Sh1t.

Please do not get super thin.......your log is just way to funny when your fat.....sorry.

Thursday 11th July 2013

Plan for today was a lunch run and an evening interval session on the bike.

What actually happened was a lunch time meeting and then spent the evening cutting back trees with the neighbours on the road. My fans are being used by the kids so no chance of a turbo. Not doing an interval session in the dark - lights or no lights!

Not as planned at all but sometimes things need doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

She is the head off you!

Seriously, let go of the past. If fat Tunney has to run and do a triathlon then let him. Good that you enjoyed Tuesdays run. Enough of the 10st4 sh!te talk! Agree with Shell to Run too :)

She is the head off you!

Seriously, let go of the past. If fat Tunney has to run and do a triathlon then let him. Good that you enjoyed Tuesdays run. Enough of the 10st4 sh!te talk! Agree with Shell to Run too :)

We talked a fair bit off boards about things and I fully accept alot of what was said. The Tunney of 2009 is gone and not coming back, to be honest I wouldn't want him back. I'm in a different place now - family (obviously) work and priorities. I'm happy where I am.

However the weight side - no that I cannot and will not accept. 12st is a healthy weight for 5 foot 10. 13st is an unhealthy weight, it is overweight. Never mind having to buy a new wardrobe it sets a horrible example to the kids and its going to cause healthy problems.

10st 4 might not happy but thats not the real goal - the real goal is a long term sustainable healthy weight.

Off to bed last night. I was going to swim this morning and Glenda was going spinning. That was the plan.

Eoin instead got a temperature of 39.9 and was in agony all night.

Sleep came at 5am......

Poor little man, off to the doctors this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

wow sounds like you are having no luck with your young lad. Went through the same myself and to be honest the only thing that worked was to leave him roaring etc. It's tough but after 3 nights it all worked out and we haven't looked back. Maybe you've already tried this! Regards the weight if you were well under 11 stone before you can be under 11 stone again. Diet and all that. Just put the cake down

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Off to bed last night. I was going to swim this morning and Glenda was going spinning. That was the plan.

Eoin instead got a temperature of 39.9 and was in agony all night.

Sleep came at 5am......

Poor little man, off to the doctors this morning.

Oh the poor pet. And poor you too!
    I'm guessing teething (assuming he's a baby) or viral.
    Hope he's better soon....

Okay so it appears I owe some apologies...............

Eoin was taken to the doctors on Friday. He had very very bad tonsilitis. Doctor was amazed that he was so happy and cheery "despite being so sick". He'd obviously been sick all week and he only wasn't himself at night.

Aoibhe came down with it over the weekend and an ear infection too.

Great craic.

Training for me didn't happen the last few days. No excuses I just didn't feel like it. A run or two but thats it.

Week ending 14/7/2013

Swim dist: 0m
    Swim time: 00:00
    Bike dist: 27km
    Bike time: 1:14
    Run dist: 28km
    Run time: 2:26
    Total time: 3:41

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Woke up this morning (shattered thanks Eoin) and went down for breakfast, sitting at the table Glenda asks "WHATS THAT ON YOUR THIGHS????" pointed at two patches of horrible cuts and abrasions. "Oh thats chubby chaffing - I'm too fat to run" "OH David, you need to sort yourself out"

Long compression shorts are the best thing I found for Chub-Rub. There was a thread about it recently in Athletics/Running I think.

The day you get to retire them can be another milestone.

hardCopy wrote: »
    Long compression shorts are the best thing I found for Chub-Rub. There was a thread about it recently in Athletics/Running I think.

The day you get to retire them can be another milestone.

Yeah went with an old pair of Skinz - helps a lot.

Date|Weight
    24 Jun 2013|13st 4
    1 Jul 2013|13st 4
    8 Jul 2013|13st 3
    15 Jul 2013|13st

Weekly email to Coach

Hello,

A similar week again. Hit some sessions missed some sessions. Motivation is there and noticeably there. Just need to get the habits going and get some luck (both kids sick - ear infections and tonsillitis - once one gets sick the other does. You'll learn about this one soon :) )
    Habits are coming but I have spent so long unlearning them that it will take time to relearn them.

regards,
    David

Monday 15th July 2013

Did what I could today. Which was a short run. On the positive side running is now just horrifically slow as opposed to slow and sore and frustrating.

Tuesday 16th July 2013

Again just what I could today. Again just a run. Longer this time and still comfortable. I have been neglecting core and maintenance work the last few years. Then to get on top of this

Wednesday 17th July 2013

Good news: The kids are alot improved today
    Bad news: Last night they were not. Also my "charming" neighbours (who don't have to get up to work) decided to have a few "quiet drinks".
    Worst news: Cycling to work in the first pair of shorts that I pulled from the draw and first jersey from the wardrobe. Shorts were old school Belpark ones. Terrible quality and fit is brutal at the best of times, gear only got good in that club when Tango took over design and sourcing. Anyways the jersey was too tight and the shorts were too small and given the terrible fit the combination of both made me look like "The only gay in the village" from Little Britain.

Wednesday 17th July 2013

Reasonable run at lunch.

Then in the evening the plan was to do a swim. I like the kids play games that their mother does not (specifically bouncing on the bed covered in a duvet which Daddy shakes as they bounce - they love it). Unfortunately Aoibhe didn't realise we had stopped. Bounced and cracked her head off the wooden bed frame. Instant severe swelling so spent ages making sure all was okay. Eventually got out for a swim but a reduced duration one. Okay swim - no catch, nor push. Body position shocking but thats to be expected.

Is it wrong to completely crush a physically disabled person? Say like a dwarf? #BlackSod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Is it wrong to completely crush a physically disabled person? Say like a dwarf? #BlackSod

Someone has already started the process in Frankfurt :pac::pac::pac:

Too soon Fran???? :confused:

Thursday 18th July 2013

Plan for today was a hard run. Nothing else just that. Did it at lunch and it was hard.

• Advertisement

Weight tracking the last 30 days

kht2.png

Weight tracking the last 365 days

zhj.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement