Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie's diary part two

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

In work we have a biscuit tin. Always stocked, help yourself (but occasionally buy some) I need to learn to resist.

4x custard creams later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

tunney wrote: »
    In work we have a biscuit tin. Always stocked, help yourself (but occasionally buy some) I need to learn to resist.

4x custard creams later

Oh god!!! :eek::eek::eek: I may start referring to you as Cream Puff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Is that 4 of the 3 packs of custard creams or just 4 biscuits?

The 3 packs are plentiful and free here and I have a soft spot for custard creams and bourbon creams :D

4 biscuits! not a complete fattie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

LOL......if having more than 4 constitutes that then I'm well fooked :D

• Advertisement

Actually rode my bike at the weekend. Was fun. Need to do it more often.

It's no secret that myself and Fran have a healthy competition going on.
    It's no secret that neither of us have ridden out bikes this year (he has ridden more than me)

Two five hour bikes over the weekend, nothing beats zero to hero without the intermediate steps.......

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/athlete/workout/3UNRTB5ESZU4V32VUQAPRI4WMM

AP 167
    NP 190
    AHR 147

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/athlete/workout/N3VI6OCJIFWF4QQXQXIIFRNSWQ

AP 161
    NP 190
    AHR 143

His run versus my swim and mind games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

It's no secret that myself and Fran have a healthy competition going on.
    It's no secret that neither of us have ridden out bikes this year (he has ridden more than me)

Two five hour bikes over the weekend, nothing beats zero to hero without the intermediate steps.......

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/athlete/workout/3UNRTB5ESZU4V32VUQAPRI4WMM

AP 167
    NP 190
    AHR 147

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/athlete/workout/N3VI6OCJIFWF4QQXQXIIFRNSWQ

AP 161
    NP 190
    AHR 143

His run versus my swim and mind games

The only person i am racing in FF is my shadow. I will let all you other lads from the club at it:)
    I would however like to add that my 5hrs was more like 7hrs by real feel due to horrendous conditions whilst your ride was in the sunshine:)
    We could also make the watts per kg argument:eek:

The only person i am racing in FF is my shadow. I will let all you other lads from the club at it:)
    I would however like to add that my 5hrs was more like 7hrs by real feel due to horrendous conditions whilst your ride was in the sunshine:)
    We could also make the watts per kg argument:eek:

Yup, yup we could.

Time and time again there a particular someone has offered me advice. Sometimes I take it and never regret taking it. Sometimes I ignore it and always regret doing so. Obviously this someone is Glenda.

Glenda thinks I should skip Frankfurt. I'm not prepared. I'll get injured.

I have that sinking feeling in my chest now that its been said. She's right again.

• Advertisement

Time and time again there a particular someone has offered me advice. Sometimes I take it and never regret taking it. Sometimes I ignore it and always regret doing so. Obviously this someone is Glenda.

I have that sinking feeling in my chest now that its been said. She's right again.

:confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90271530&postcount=587

Dory Dory wrote: »

Yeah but I think that was done as motivation, she's hinted at ditching it the last 2 months but been supportive too. Ah fvck it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Wise words from someone who probably knows you better than yourself.

Okay long story short.

Irish health system terrible, A&E a disaster, FF,FG and Labour should all be executed for treason.

Yesterday had an unplanned visit to Holles street and a late night trip to Temple Street A&E to see the "wuuu wuuus".

All will be fine in time but in the immediate term its myself and Aoibhe holding up the fort (while trying to prepare for a huge client visit next week).

As such I am out of Lough Cultra (was looking forward to it).
    But fvck it I'm changing my flights and doing Frankfurt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Right call given the circumstances.

but a shame, twas good to see JB enjoy the local race and thought Cutra might be the same for you

Okay long story short.

Irish health system terrible, A&E a disaster, FF,FG and Labour should all be executed for treason.

Yesterday had an unplanned visit to Holles street and a late night trip to Temple Street A&E to see the "wuuu wuuus".

All will be fine in time but in the immediate term its myself and Aoibhe holding up the fort (while trying to prepare for a huge client visit next week).

As such I am out of Lough Cultra (was looking forward to it).
    But fvck it I'm changing my flights and doing Frankfurt.

I don't know what the f*ck you are talking about here. A&E to me is Arts and Entertainment.....but for some reason I am guessing the "wuuu wuuus" is not your local dance troupe. :confused: But one thing I know for sure is, I am getting Frankfurt whiplash. So, it's now on? :cool:

Dory Dory wrote: »
    I don't know what the f*ck you are talking about here. A&E to me is Arts and Entertainment.....but for some reason I am guessing the "wuuu wuuus" is not your local dance troupe. :confused: But one thing I know for sure is, I am getting Frankfurt whiplash. So, it's now on? :cool:

A&E in yank is ER
    "wuuu wuus" in adult are "vehicles with sirens" in this case specifically ambulances.

And now I'm working the weekend. Would have enjoyed Lough Cultra I think

Saturday - DDOC 8am, A&E 10am, out a few hours later - child #2
    Sunday - DOC 1pm, child #2. Both ill all night, no diagnosis with three doctors vists and 2 A&E. Awake all night.

5am start to work.
    Expecting a fun night tonight and an even longer day tomorrow.

Triath-a-what?

(Post in keeping with negativity demanded by Peter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

In 2003/2004 Triathlon Ireland was looking for a few newbies to the sport to keep a diary of their first season in the sport. I volunteered and kept a log of that rollercoaster year - a journey from largely sedentary and overweight to active triathlete.

Is there any record of this online? I'd be interested to read it (as a novice and as a fatty). TI are doing a 2014 version on their website, but it seems to be as interesting as "Man ticks Box".

• Advertisement

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Is there any record of this online? I'd be interested to read it (as a novice and as a fatty). TI are doing a 2014 version on their website, but it seems to be as interesting as "Man ticks Box".

Will try and remember where I stuck it!

Many moons ago when I started going out with Glenda I was a fat GAA head. Then the transition to cyclist/triathlete happened and after a bit I was getting abuse from the future inlaws about lycra and "cycling not being a real sport". Lots of abuse.

Fast forward to the weekend and watching the Monte Zoncolan with the father in law in awe of the cyclists, and wanting to do similar himself some day if he could. I rode to Cavan Friday night and on the way I met about a dozen lycra clad cyclists in Cavan alone - in 1s and 2s. It was five years of cycling one Saturday and Sunday a month around Cavan and riding up one Friday before I met a single cyclist.

How things change, and its certainly reflected by the attitudes of drivers on the roads around there!

I got a Samsung S4. I got a big waterproof protective case.

Long story short I left it on the roof of the car and only realised when going down the M50 at 120km/h. As soon as I realised, 20km after I started driving, it fell off the roof. I could see it land and get run over in the rear view mirror. I stopped and retrieved the SD card and SIM and now am no longer connected (no insurance and ages on contract). Feck it all

Week plan

2014-06-09_small.png

Given my phone is dead I'm going back to non TP planning. Doesn't matter than my fancy spreadsheet cannot be opened on a phone.

Plan for the year is survive Frankfurt and run a 3:15 marathon in Dublin, lose weight and get the gra back.

Using this as a way for people who want to keep tabs on me can.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i'm glad that's the only way i'll see an 18 hour training spreadsheet....

10km run at lunch. Hot and fat. In that the weather was hot and I was fat.
    Less horrific than expected.

http://tpks.ws/OXns

mossym wrote: »
    i'm glad that's the only way i'll see an 18 hour training spreadsheet....

Yeah less than a month to get a years training done in

Sessions up to :
    Long swim : 2.1km
    Long bike: 140km
    Long run: 10km

In response to a certain relocated Dub. Do as I say not as I do.

If I don't get some miles in the legs I'm totally fvcked. Plus if I get injured I get out if it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Week plan

2014-06-09_small.png

Given my phone is dead I'm going back to non TP planning. Doesn't matter than my fancy spreadsheet cannot be opened on a phone.

Plan for the year is survive Frankfurt and run a 3:15 marathon in Dublin, lose weight and get the gra back.

Using this as a way for people who want to keep tabs on me can.

All the white space is so you can fit in visits to MWT?

I'm all for zero to hero, but, but, but....

Maybe you should consider a new V800 to help manage recovery time :)

• Advertisement

In response to the other relocated Dub

"If you get all that training in this week with a wedding (you love a good wedding) i will buy you an ice cream."

Fvck you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement