Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie's diary part two

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

AKW wrote: »
    All the white space is so you can fit in visits to MWT?

I'm all for zero to hero, but, but, but....

Maybe you should consider a new V800 to help manage recovery time :)

I was going to post my weight charts and shoe tracking charts but for that..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

tunney wrote: »
    In response to the other relocated Dub

"If you get all that training in this week with a wedding (you love a good wedding) i will buy you an ice cream."

Fvck you :)

Haha, i think me buying you an ice cream is safe enough. I have to laugh at the scheduled 24k trail run which i can only assume is the day after the wedding. You must plan on drinking Miwadi during the wedding.

Haha, i think me buying you an ice cream is safe enough. I have to laugh at the scheduled 24k trail run which i can only assume is the day after the wedding. You must plan on drinking Miwadi during the wedding.

No wedding Saturday.

Hence the "Easy - survive" on Sunday.

Know no one at the wedding bar bride and groom. Glenda not drinking and driving home after the wedding. So not expecting to go nuts. Although I didn't expect to be dancing with Dolans mother in law and picking up random short people at his.

Just heard that the water in frankfurt is 22.3c and up 4 degrees in a week. This is what I have been dreading and what Gary and Fran have been praying for. B@stards, just cause they are the same without a wetsuit as a wetsuit, they know fine well that my head will be well and truely fvcked with by the end of the swim and I won't be able to focus again for the rest of the swim while they waddle around with smiles on their faces.

I think I might get some of those rubber shorts and wear them under my tri shorts. But that b@stard Fran might report me.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

armbands.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

That being said I'm still doing Frankfurt. So is the Hobbit. So my one goal is to smack the hobbit around.

Swim - I can take 20 minutes out of him there, 30-40 if non wetsuit.

Would give me 20 minutes on the hobbit (30-40 if non wetsuit)
    Just heard that the water in frankfurt is 22.3c and up 4 degrees in a week. This is what I have been dreading and what Gary and Fran have been praying for. B@stards, just cause they are the same without a wetsuit as a wetsuit, they know fine well that my head will be well and truely fvcked with by the end of the swim and I won't be able to focus again for the rest of the swim while they waddle around with smiles on their faces.

I think I might get some of those rubber shorts and wear them under my tri shorts. But that b@stard Fran might report me.

not saying it takes much, but i'm confused

mossym wrote: »
    not saying it takes much, but i'm confused

Okay it should have been in pink. The truth is the exact opposite.

I want non-wetsuit.

a - I don't care makes little difference to me
    b - I don't have to try a fit in my wetsuit
    c - 90% of the competitors have already given up on the start line if its non wetsuit.

Club swim session. Surprise 400m TT. Not swam in a few weeks. 6:17, faster than the last one.

Afterwards got stopped by armed police. Red faced and eyes hanging from head.
    "Live locally lad". This is near jobstown.
    "Eh Santry"
    "Long way from home lad"
    I desperately waved a kickboard "Swimming".
    "what teaching?" looks confused.
    "nah training". Glances at automatic firearms
    "right so off you go"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

He glanced at your guns & let you go? Working it out!

I heard a rumour those neoprene jammers are ITU legal, haven't had a chance to dig into it & verify.

I heard a rumour those neoprene jammers are ITU legal, haven't had a chance to dig into it & verify.

really???? hardly fair like swimming with a pull buoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Club swim session. Surprise 400m TT. Not swam in a few weeks. 6:17, faster than the last one.

Afterwards got stopped by armed police. Red faced and eyes hanging from head.
    "Live locally lad". This is near jobstown.
    "Eh Santry"
    "Long way from home lad"
    I desperately waved a kickboard "Swimming".
    "what teaching?" looks confused.
    "nah training". Glances at automatic firearms
    "right so off you go"

I got stopped by a similar crew leaving one of Tangos sessions one night - fcukers made me get out of my car and clean my rear number plate coz it was too dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

griffin100 wrote: »
    fcukers made me get out of my car and clean my rear number plate coz it was too dirty.
    Oh good god...:eek:

Full cavity search too? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

order me a medium and a large, i'm doubling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

really???? hardly fair like swimming with a pull buoy

TI allowed them for Joey this year. Not sure if WTC allow them.

pgibbo wrote: »

That's where I heard it so. Sure TI allow drafting too, so probably not ITU legal either.

Cannot seem to find anything online suggesting they are on the banned list for IM races. If i am right are they not a newish offering (in last year or so) if so perhaps they have not made it onto the banned list yet.

I doubt they fully replicate a pull buoy between the legs.

I have prepared myself for a long ass 100min NW swim and a slower bike:)

griffin100 wrote: »
    I got stopped by a similar crew leaving one of Tangos sessions one night - fcukers made me get out of my car and clean my rear number plate coz it was too dirty.

To be fair I did get lost around the pool (lovely pool, no one ever uses it, except to shoot people in the car park) and ended in the worst part of ireland, roughest place imaginable (outside of limerick of course)

Dodgy out. Great pool though.

TI allow motor boats, motor bikes and these on the run

56971.300x300.jpg

(won't be racing TI races again for 2-3 years - by which stage the entire membership and committee will be new and no one will remember me so don't have to be nice :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

That's where I heard it so. Sure TI allow drafting too, so probably not ITU legal either.

You heard it off me on the back road between Spiddal and Moycullen. Given how you struggled up the hills you've probably blocked out all memories of that section of road :pac:

You heard it off me on the back road between Spiddal and Moycullen. Given how you struggled up the hills you've probably blocked out all memories of that section of road :pac:

Ah ha, was that this year? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

this is like a soap opera, compulsive reading, look forward to every new post on Tunneys training log:D:D there will be more people tracking Frankfurt online than participating, cant wait:D

Yesterday was a sad sad day.

Rik Mayall died. I loved everything he was in and though Bottom was probably the funniest program ever written. I watched as a kid and loved it and would still watch it except for "its stupid David, lets watch Emmerdale"

And I finished the last in the series of Adrian Mole. When I was ten I read the first one. I must have read each one about 15 times. The book was good but there was obviously another book in his life left but poor Sue left us.

Dark day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Yesterday was a sad sad day.

+1, Bottom is the funniest thing ever. The two of them were going to make a new series of it. Sad.

"I feel sorry for you, you zeros, you nobodies. What's going to live on after you die? Nothing, that's what! This house will become a shrine! And punks and skins and Rastas will all gather round and all hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader! And all the grown-ups will say, 'But why are the kids crying?' And the kids will say, 'Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead!' ... And then one particularly sensitive and articulate teenager will say, 'Why kids, do you understand nothing? How can Rick be dead when we still have his poems?'"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

To be fair I did get lost around the pool (lovely pool, no one ever uses it, except to shoot people in the car park) and ended in the worst part of ireland, roughest place imaginable (outside of limerick of course)

Dodgy out. Great pool though.

I run through there most evenings as it's not too far from where I live. During the winter months I refuse to wear reflective gear or flashing lights. Set yourself up as a moving target!

TRR wrote: »
    I run through there most evenings as it's not too far from where I live. During the winter months I refuse to wear reflective gear or flashing lights. Set yourself up as a moving target!

Fartlek training all the way.........

Half day in work and meeting someone in town.

1997 meeting someone in town
    "Meet you at Clery's clock at 3pm"
    or
    "Meet you at the green at 3pm"

2014 meeting someone in town
    "Meet you in town later"

Works great when you can do GPS look ups of the other person or failing that just ring them.

"meeting in town later" and no phone............

Realising how my plan for "sure I don't need a phone" just isn't going to work from a personal perspective nevermind work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Fartlek training all the way.........

similar to fartlek except it's not fun and you don't take recoveries!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Re neoprene jammers...in the non wetsuit in 2010 all refs were checking entrants before entry into the water.....saw one guy getting pulled for what looked like padded cycling shorts...calf guards were not allowed in the swim also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

also the lake yo yo's re temprature quite a bit....2010 it was 91 degrees farenheit on the saturday which rose the temp significantly

• Advertisement

also the lake yo yo's re temprature quite a bit....2010 it was 91 degrees farenheit on the saturday which rose the temp significantly

Its most likely going to be non wetsuit which is fine knowing in advance rather than it being a big surprise the day before. Lake temps gone up again to 23.5c and its due to get warmer over the next 4 weeks.

Considering doing the 2.7k Boyne Swim at the weekend as NW to see if i drown but reckon it might be too cold to spending up to an hour in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement