Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie's diary part two

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Getting closer to DCM race weight I see. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Getting closer to DCM race weight I see. ;)

:) My run today was 5 minutes per km. Lets just say I held that for 42.5km thats 3:30. I'm not sure I'd get out of bed for that :)

I'm in no rush and under no pressure. :)

tunney wrote: »
    :) My run today was 5 minutes per km. Lets just say I held that for 42.5km thats 3:30. I'm not sure I'd get out of bed for that :)

I'm in no rush and under no pressure. :)

Not only am I getting out of bed in hopes of a sub 3:30, but I'm flying across the ocean to do that. :eek: Well, if you change your mind and are targeting something between 3:20 and 3:30, I'll let you run with me.

Not only am I getting out of bed in hopes of a sub 3:30, but I'm flying across the ocean to do that. :eek: Well, if you change your mind and are targeting something between 3:20 and 3:30, I'll let you run with me.

LOL thats an offer I can't refuse

In all seriousness I think marathon training at this weight would do damage to me!

In all seriousness I think marathon training at this weight would do damage to me!

Ha! I'm impressed with your self-restraint. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Increased mileage and a good clean diet would soon see some weight losses. It would not be fun for the first 4 to 6 weeks i would imagine given current state.

Given how slowly these ribs are recovering i would say a fat Tunney is safe enough in Blacksod.

Work do last night. Technically not my work, a sister company that we are bunking in with for a while. Drinks (free) in a roof top pub. Was great craic, got to know some people from the sister company. Dodgy as fvck cycle home last night, this morning kids in at 0700 and Glenda at gym so had to get up. Going to be a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Work do last night. Technically not my work, a sister company that we are bunking in with for a while. Drinks (free) in a roof top pub. Was great craic, got to know some people from the sister company. Dodgy as fvck cycle home last night, this morning kids in at 0700 and Glenda at gym so had to get up. Going to be a long day.
    Ha! I'm impressed with your self-restraint. ;)

+1 :)

RedB wrote: »
    +1 :)

Have to admit I don't get the "impressed with your self restraint joke. Some one fill me in please.

How long does it take a dwarf to get in a car and drive 5 minutes. An hour. Assuming he couldn't get into the car until he got a bunt.,

• Advertisement

Saturday 20th July 2013

My first cycle since April. My third cycle this year.

0530 on the rode. Lovely weather, great cycle.

A 2:35 ride covering 68km with an NP of 173, AP of 155 and AHR of 136bpm.

Sunday 21st July 2013

My first cycle since yesterday and my fourth cycle all year :)

Rode with Dildo Baggins. Same route as yesterday done a little more pacey. 2:18, 68km, AP of 203 and NP of 227 for a AHR of 147bpm.

Not too bad seeing as slightly hungover. Other training option today was a 20 km trail run with two 9:0x IMers and another lad. I'm not that silly......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Have to admit I don't get the "impressed with your self restraint joke. Some one fill me in please.

Not sure myself about Dory's comment but I was just smiling at your ability to enjoy a few drinks on a work night and face into a long day after the rough previous week you had re sleep, etc. Along with the comments about weight and not getting out of bed to do a 3:30 DCM, it was a slightly conflicting scenario that I'm not able to pull off so that made me smile. No biggie :)

Week ending 21st July 2013

A reasonable week. Couldn't get back into the habit of early mornings until the weekend. A friend home from Oz so a night out Saturday and Sunday (took today off work).

Swim dist: 1500m
    Swim time: 0:36
    Bike dist: 137km
    Bike time: 4:54
    Run dist: 31km
    Run time: 2:41
    Total time: 8:12

Date|Weight
    24th Jun 2013|13st 4
    1st Jul 2013|13st 4
    8th Jul 2013|13st 3
    15th Jul 2013|13st
    22nd Jul 2013|12st 12.4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

How long does it take a dwarf to get in a car and drive 5 minutes. An hour. Assuming he couldn't get into the car until he got a bunt.,

3 words for you "watts per kg", that is all

My mate was back from Oz (came via Roth). He was only back in Ireland for the weekend. Meant drinks Saturday, Sunday, off work monday which was good cause I was dying, and then drinks last night.

At this stage I am positively toxic and am glad I have nothing on for months now. Well one month to a stag and the start of two months of weddings...... Oh my poor liver.

3 words for you "watts per kg", that is all

Technically two words and an abbreviation.....

Bad night with Eoin last night (they arrived back from Cavan and he still hasn't learnt to sleep).

Good training this week though. Not looking forward to breaking out the rain jacket though.

Thursday 25th July 2013

Lunch run with Tango. Got my ass handed to me on a plate. For shame.

• Advertisement

Mrs Tango has passed on a message that I "need to stop that blog immediately and not put pressure on" myself. Sentiment very much appreciated but I'm not the same person I was. My only goals for 2014 are to line up at whatever races and be able to think "I prepared as best I could. I did not prevent myself from training", and to be at race weight. So basically don't hinder myself and put the pie down. Easier said than done but I'll try.

Yeah, I definitely don't think "pressure" when I read your log.

Yeah, I definitely don't think "pressure" when I read your log.

Whenever I read you comments I never am sure if they are sarcastic or not. How about we come to an agreement - sarcasm in pink?

Whenever I read you comments I never am sure if they are sarcastic or not. How about we come to an agreement - sarcasm in pink?

How about purple? ;)

Nah...I actually enjoy your log, mainly for the entertainment factor. And seriously, you don't exactly exude stress or pressure when I read what you've written. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or mean spirited. Scout's honor. :)

How about purple? ;)

Nah...I actually enjoy your log, mainly for the entertainment factor. And seriously, you don't exactly exude stress or pressure when I read what you've written. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or mean spirited. Scout's honor. :)

Purple is good :)

Not sure "entertainment factor" is good for a triathletes blog. Oh wait I'm too fat to be a triathlete. That's okay then.... carry on :)

Not sure "entertainment factor" is good for a triathletes blog. Oh wait I'm too fat to be a triathlete. That's okay then.... carry on :)

+1 ;):)

Appears I am just the right weight to be a "arrogant, smart ass prick of a cvnt"

Objective achieved.

Just need to knuckle down and train hard to be a mediocre athlete. So far from either of those words :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Appears I am just the right weight to be a "arrogant, smart ass prick of a cvnt"

Objective achieved.

Just need to knuckle down and train hard to be a mediocre athlete. So far from either of those words :)
    At least you have your fan club.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I meant the ones that call you a smart ass prick of a cvnt, which I dont think Dory has, yet. ;)

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    At least you have your fan club.

I think that should have been in purple.
    Oryx wrote: »
    I meant the ones that call you a smart ass prick of a cvnt, which I dont think Dory has, yet. ;)

Nope. I'm still waiting for him to take me up on my offer to run with him at DCM. (what color would you like facetious to be?) ;):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement