Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie's diary part two

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

You mean you don't read his tweets??????

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2014/09/nutrition/extra-weight-holding-back-running-potential_106514

If I can lose 4kg soon.............

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

tunney wrote: »
    You mean you don't read his tweets??????

Even I don't read all of them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

AKW tweeted something about weight loss and results. I was aware of it all but see it in tabular form hammers it home

Weight_loss.png

Its only one aspect,as you well know.

Its only one aspect,as you well know.

Yes, but it on its own makes a direct contribution.

Went to Vets. Mammy Bounce is actually Daddy Bounce. Eoin refuses to accept that he/she/it has is a boy and as such will be remaining called Mammy Bounce. Alteration scheduled for a months time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Went to Vets. Mammy Bounce is actually Daddy Bounce. Eoin refuses to accept that he/she/it has is a boy and as such will be remaining called Mammy Bounce. Alteration scheduled for a months time.

My younger sister has cat called Tom... the cat is female. Is that one male and one female or both male?

mloc123 wrote: »
    My younger sister has cat called Tom... the cat is female. Is that one male and one female or both male?

Molly is a timid female
    Mammy Bounce is an inquisitive male.

I am thinking of getting bells for them as I have stood on them already.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Molly is a timid female
    Mammy Bounce is an inquisitive male.

I am thinking of getting bells for them as I have stood on them already.

Sounds like tunney will have baby rabbits to sell in about two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

You have been banned from Cycling for one week for Trolling

Seemingly being an idiot is okay, but being intolerant of idiots isn't :)

• Advertisement

Seemingly being an idiot is okay, but being intolerant of idiots isn't :)

Stupid is as stupid does.

Whatever happens we've got to stop Jackyback from drifting over there.

AKW wrote: »
    Stupid is as stupid does.

Whatever happens we've got to stop Jackyback from drifting over there.

Ah he'll realise he can't cycle either so will come back here and be bad at all three again.

ByeB2seCIAAhUVw.png:large

Interesting, so the study overview suggestions caffeine is not a diuretic for coffee drinkers......
    Albeit most of us knew this :)

Ever played such in the mud?
    Ever played it for an hour an a half?
    When every 5 minutes the other 15 people playing change to a different group is six year old girls?

Tougher than you might think.

Now that I have rabbits I don't feel comfortable talking to bunny boilers so going to stay off "that thread".

Anyways was on a different forum last night and there were people complaining that "their stages didn't make the same wattage as their CTs" and "did anyone know why this could be happening". I laughed and thought of the fat lads on bikes forum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Now that I have rabbits I don't feel comfortable talking to bunny boilers so going to stay off "that thread".

Anyways was on a different forum last night and there were people complaining that "their stages didn't make the same wattage as their CTs" and "did anyone know why this could be happening". I laughed and thought of the fat lads on bikes forum.

not surprised those Computrainers always sounded dodgy to me....stages were just the ticket to prove it

Ran yesterday in Kinvaras, forgot how lovely that shoe is. Although it will take me time to work back down the ramp.

Today ran in Mizunos. 470km done, some wear to the sole but they just feel gone. Dead. Lifeless. And my feet a little sore after wearing them.

I've never retired a shoe that did not have visible fatal damage. But I might here.

Ran yesterday in Kinvaras, forgot how lovely that shoe is. Although it will take me time to work back down the ramp.

Today ran in Mizunos. 470km done, some wear to the sole but they just feel gone. Dead. Lifeless. And my feet a little sore after wearing them.

I've never retired a shoe that did not have visible fatal damage. But I might here.

Retired :( Was informed that "running as a fattie will kill shoes"
    Will keep the laces, for some reason collect laces.

Saucony Ride 7 ordered from LSS. Looking forward to getting some serious miles in them over the winter.

still have a pair of kinvara's on my shelf with a good bit of life left. often tempted to give them a go again, but every time i think about it my Achilles aches at the memory...lovely shoe to run in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

mossym wrote: »
    still have a pair of kinvara's on my shelf with a good bit of life left. often tempted to give them a go again, but every time i think about it my Achilles aches at the memory...lovely shoe to run in though.

I am convinced those bastards gave me the Plantar, up on the shelf in the shed as well, too clean to go as the gardening shoes

• Advertisement

catweazle wrote: »
    I am convinced those bastards gave me the Plantar, up on the shelf in the shed as well, too clean to go as the gardening shoes

ha, my asics from 2 years ago, bought in elverys before i knew what a proper running shop was, are my diy/gardening shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

If you didn't use them for every run they wouldn't have. You should just be using them for speed sessions and racing ;)

pgibbo wrote: »
    If you didn't use them for every run they wouldn't have. You should just be using them for speed sessions and racing ;)

Kinvaras? For speed sessions and racing? They're concrete blocks they're my long run shoe :p

Kinvaras? For speed sessions and racing? They're concrete blocks they're my long run shoe :p

Fair play. I don't think I'd manage that. Personally I find them very light. What do you use as racers?

Hey Dave, I think Eoin has hacked your Google+ account :)

slight weight difference in fairness(the runner i mean)

While I am not Racoonlike with my shoe fetish I have a fair few shoes on the go I will have you know - The Kinvaras were for my tempo runs, I reckon I got about 4/5 outings with them. Even now when I throw them on for casual wear I can still feel them irritating my heel, however I am sure that's just all in the mind

While I am not Racoonlike with my shoe fetish I have a fair few shoes on the go I will have you know - The Kinvaras were for my tempo runs, I reckon I got about 4/5 outings with them. Even now when I throw them on for casual wear I can still feel them irritating my heel, however I am sure that's just all in the mind

I would suggest a visit to Oranmore if that's the case to see what shoe is for you :D

Fair play. I don't think I'd manage that. Personally I find them very light. What do you use as racers?

Depends on the distance...I use fastwitch for marathons and above
    A5 for 5K and below, I reckon I could push them for 10K if i did a bit more work in them
    In between, 10 mile - half mara, I love lunaracers ( original ones ) but they're due to be replaced now and I can't get them anymore, reincarnations are no good. :(

• Advertisement

I would suggest a visit to Oranmore if that's the case to see what shoe is for you :D

Already have and I left with a pair of Ride 7's long before Tunny got on the bandwagon

They are very blue!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement