Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie's diary part two

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

catweazle wrote: »
    Already have and I left with a pair of Ride 7's long before Tunny got on the bandwagon

They are very blue!

good for you catwazl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I'm convinced he does it deliberately Dave :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

pgibbo wrote: »
    I'm convinced he does it deliberately Dave :D

almost as bad as the @tunney lad i kept pinging on twitter..:)

mossym wrote: »
    almost as bad as the @tunney lad i kept pinging on twitter..:)

For five years, literally, my sister in law would not reply to emails. Turns out I'd been emailing since bird with a similar email addresses in the UK. She could have told me she wasn't the right person.

Got the Ride 7s, ran home last night. A very nice shoe. Different from the Ride 6, better different.

GAA meeting last night. Seemingly there are 450 in the nursery and 3000 in the club. I got singled out as a "parent thats getting involved", running around for 1.5 hours like a capper will do that. Great meeting, really think the kids will love being in the club, I've great memories of my time (until late twenties) in Faughs. Have to admit by the end of the meeting I was tempted to see could I pick up a stick for the Junior Ds..........

Then ran into work today, shoes still fine but legs sluggish as can be.

In with the man with the tan on Monday, told him my plans on the phone. "Most people I'd tell not to even try, you, well you might do it". We will see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

you're in Faughs? (or is that where you were as a kid? Thought it was the culchie club?)

RayCun wrote: »
    you're in Faughs? (or is that where you were as a kid? Thought it was the culchie club?)

Judes for football and hurling until 11/12
    Gave both up until 14 then joined Faughs until late twenties.

Yes - it has a reputation of begin a cluchie club and yes it was very welcoming to the country lads, however it started to try and change and tap into locals.

Stopped playing round 8-9 years ago, was terrible but was fit and enthusiastic. First 1/4 I'd be hurled off the pitch, last 1/4 I'd be still as bad as I was but they'd be fvcked.

Moved Northside with herself (Culchie), Aoibhe now loves Hurling and Football so joined Na Fianna. Eoin wants to play but is too young (although right size and co-ordination)

You play with the small ball?

Also hammered home last night how much of a niche sport triathlon is, and how underdeveloped the coaching path ways and talent development rather than identification is.

"Get the skills into them aged 4/5/6 or they'll never learn, particularly hurling"

As someone who had to relearn how to hold a hurl I agree. Was amazed when I asked Aoibhe this morning "which hand do you pick your hurl up with?" she responded with "my colouring hand", only there a month.

tunney wrote: »
    You play with the small ball?

No - I was told by a guy who used to be in Judes (posts as W.B.Yeats in the main forum) that Faughs was the culchie club. As far as I'm concerned they're all culchie clubs :D Been in Faughs a couple of times though, we hired their hall for Athletics Leader training and their function room upstairs for a few meetings.

You could be an athletics coach you know...

• Advertisement

No - I was told by a guy who used to be in Judes (posts as W.B.Yeats in the main forum) that Faughs was the culchie club. As far as I'm concerned they're all culchie clubs :D Been in Faughs a couple of times though, we hired their hall for Athletics Leader training and their function room upstairs for a few meetings.

You could be an athletics coach you know...

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but I'll assume not:
    Yup. Intend to get involved in athletics too. We live 1000m from Clonliffe and once they are old enough to do that they will do. I may even join Clonliffe myself some day.

Swimming, athletics and GAA. Thats enough I think.

sarcastic? me? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You're spending a lot of time in this forum lately Ray..

Have you been in the Waddlers forum this time of year?

"Anyone got a DCM entry?"
    "Is it too late to start training to run the marathon?"
    "My mate said a 7 hour marathon wasn't an achievement, he is wrong isn't he?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Swimming, athletics and GAA. Thats enough I think.

Given any thought to gymnastics? It's one I'm seriously thinking about for Finn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Curiously, so are you. :D

always makes me feel better about my own training :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Gayboy alert!

I will be making sure Patrick knows about this well before attending Lackagh primary to prepare him properly for bullying Finn

Not sure there is anything local tbh

catweazle wrote: »
    Gayboy alert!

I will be making sure Patrick knows about this well before attending Lackagh primary to prepare him properly for bullying Finn

We were all thinking it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Curiously, so are you. :D

Comparatively less than the running forum ;) Work is quieter these days! :P

Second run of the day.
    I'd not eaten much yesterday nor today and I'd ran twice. I knew I was running on empty, 3km the spots appears, 3.5km struggled to read watch. Count "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8" repeatedly, maintain pace, wait for it to pass, didn't really. Home in 8km and lunch while getting changed. Been a while since I saw the spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Ruaidhri is over in Renmore says its great.

RIP Molly.
    It was the best of weeks it was the worst of weeks. It was a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

RIP Molly.
    It was the best of weeks it was the worst of weeks. It was a week.

Now what do I do with this bale of straw? :(

AKW wrote: »
    Now what do I do with this bale of straw? :(

There is still Mammy Bounce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

There is still Mammy Bounce

Not for long judging by Molly's quick departure.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

'How to give your kids an understanding of death in just 7 days'

Oryx wrote: »
    'How to give your kids an understanding of death in just 7 days'

"Molly's Mammy needed help with all her brothers and sisters so Yvonne from the pet shop came and collected her"

Lots of tears but believed

Later in the day "how did Yvonne know where we lived?"
    "How did she get in?"
    "What colour car did she drive?"
    "Why didn't I hear her?"
    "Can I visit her?"
    "Will she send me a card?"

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The truth will set you free. Two minutes of sniffles, then 'can we have pizza?' if my lot are anything to go by.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement