Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie's diary part two

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

mossym wrote: »
    careful now, pretty soon she'll only have you to beat....
    JB used to be as tall as her. I reckon he is beyond well beaten...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Anyways, TFL and right ITB are okay now, at least to tennis balls and foam rollers. Strange.

Rec fems and patella tendons though are in a jock. In with the man with the tan ("you looked fvcked at 9 miles dave") on Monday. Following advice of no stretching, minimal foam rolling, no running and easy cycling.

Roll on Raheny.

Was making my lunch this morning, ham sandwiches.

For some reason I called Eoin over mid way through and slapped him in the face with a slice of ham. He thought it was hilarious, took the ham, did the same to me, himself again, then his grandmother, then dropped it on the ground. Finally he put it in my sandwich.

I had intended taking it out,or at least not eat that sandwich. However I just remembered this and I had my lunch an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

And then you wonder why there's so many tummy bugs in your house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Remind me not to call round for dinner.

• Advertisement

Week on from the marathon. Nothing done. I foam rolled once and commuted on my wifes bike as wasn't grinding out a 48-16 with my rec fems (triple with a 25 - albeit its been in the big ring the whole time).

All stretching avoided (worst thing post marathon) and resisted the urge to run over the weekend.

In with the Man with The Tan tonight and hopefully back on the road after that.

SSE DCM gave us a hand towel in the goodie bag. Aoibhe saw it yesterday in the bathroom and was amazed that "THEY GAVE YOU A TOWEL?!?!?!?!?!?!?! CAN WE KEEP IT?!?!?!?!?!"

Went to go for a tester run at lunch as all had been fine. Reasoning being that if something was off would be best to be able to tell TMWTT what it was and where (go for a run with a marker, draw on legs where hurts).

Unfortunately as I stood up from my desk my left patella tendon said a big "HELLO". Oh well.

Monday 3/11/2014 Net calories consumed 1148

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

tunney wrote: »
    Monday 3/11/2014 Net calories consumed 1148

thats based off no excercise???:eek:

thats based off no excercise???:eek:

No 1920 gross
    772 exercise (cycle to work, cycle to TMWTT, cycle home)

Target was 1860 net but sorta messed that up

• Advertisement

No 1920 gross
    772 exercise (cycle to work, cycle to TMWTT, cycle home)

Target was 1860 net but sorta messed that up

ah yes forgot the commute, was thinking of the injury and you not running

ah yes forgot the commute, was thinking of the injury and you not running

Being honest, commuting not helping but little choice.

Patella tendonosis on the left knew, and it wasn't the ITB it turns out. Vastus lateralis spasmed and the insertion point is close to the site of ITBS pain and felt it there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Patella tendonosis on the left knew, and it wasn't the ITB it turns out. Vastus lateralis spasmed and the insertion point is close to the site of ITBS pain and felt it there

What I read here: My knee hurts

mloc123 wrote: »

Both knees.
    Problems with quads being the cause

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Both knees.
    Problems with quads being the cause

Strange.. cycle related?

Strange.. cycle related?

Trying to run a marathon while fat, not having ran much or slept much in the previous few weeks, getting too much Vitamin Red in the few weeks, and not done the training.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Strange, I read it as: my body is old and wrecked and its lucky I'm not a horse.

Tuesday 4/11/2014 Net calories consumed 1229

Run yesterday wasn't great wasn't too bad. Left knee not great the rest of the day. A good bit of rolling of tender bits and it wasn't so bad today. Tried a run at lunch by 382m I had to stop. FVCKITY FVCKITY FVCK FVCK.

This plus being very very tired, cranky and hungry is making it very very difficult to smile and not rip the head off anyone and everyone I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

Tuesday 4/11/2014 Net calories consumed 1229

How do come up with the net calories ? do you use my fitness pal. Reason I asked, it's because I cook most of my meals at home, but never ever bother measuring stuff, it's too much with all the other stuff that goes on at home...so how exactly do you know?
    Run yesterday wasn't great wasn't too bad. Left knee not great the rest of the day. A good bit of rolling of tender bits and it wasn't so bad today. Tried a run at lunch by 382m I had to stop. FVCKITY FVCKITY FVCK FVCK.

This plus being very very tired, cranky and hungry is making it very very difficult to smile and not rip the head off anyone and everyone I see.

That doesn't sound fun at all....happy I don't work/live near you!!!

• Advertisement

ToTriOrNot wrote: »
    How do come up with the net calories ? do you use my fitness pal. Reason I asked, it's because I cook most of my meals at home, but never ever bother measuring stuff, it's too much with all the other stuff that goes on at home...so how exactly do you know?

MacDonalds and KFC have calorie counts on their menus now. Makes things alot easier.

(Myfitnesspal, a weighing scales, an understanding wife and if in doubt overestimate).

That doesn't sound fun at all....happy I don't work/live near you!!!

Not really believable from my online persona where I don't bite my tongue, IRL I do and rarely lose the rag, raise my voice, or say what I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

MacDonalds and KFC have calorie counts on their menus now. Makes things alot easier.

hehehehehehe, that's not food dude!!!
    (Myfitnesspal, a weighing scales, an understanding wife and if in doubt overestimate).

mmmm, food for thought. I don't have an understanding wife (or a husband that cooks that much for that matter...maybe I should get me one of those wives you talk about )

Not really believable from my online persona where I don't bite my tongue, IRL I do and rarely lose the rag, raise my voice, or say what I think :)

Just in case, reminder to myself, not to cross your path when you are in a "mood"

hehehehehehe, that's not food dude!!!

True, but tasty
    mmmm, food for thought. I don't have an understanding wife (or a husband that cooks that much for that matter...maybe I should get me one of those wives you talk about )

She is also occupied at the minute.

Just in case, reminder to myself, not to cross your path when you are in a "mood"

Ah I'm not that bad.

Wednesday 5/11/2014 Net calories consumed 1197

I should have put this in pink. This was a joke.

Wednesday 5/11/2014 Net calories consumed 1197

2lbs a week loss?

2lbs a week loss?

If I can manage the deficit with no training. If I could train it would be easier. Between the knee and the new arrival swim, cycle and run is out.

Will be a long week.

Rang the man with the tan yesterday after the 400m of agony. Talked through some options, booked in for Monday evening but was told to do some exercises and see did that help on todays run. Got 4km of uncomfortable running done so I will keep at the exercises and hopefully, if I can do 6km tomorrow, I will be able to cancel the appointment!

Thursday 6/11/2014 Net calories consumed 1188

• Advertisement

Grappling with a decisions - do I do a cheat day or not?

Familiar with the idea that cheat days may work, but also that further research says only for women.

What to do.............

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement