Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie's diary part two

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Well, at least it sounds as if there is no risk of you boys drowning with all that excess buoyancy.

You'd think. Eh Mloc?

Well, at least it sounds as if there is no risk of you boys drowning with all that excess buoyancy.

On a positive note. By all accounts jackyback is now as wide as he is tall. #FatLittleHobbit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

tunney wrote: »
    On a positive note. By all accounts jackyback is now as wide as he is tall. #FatLittleHobbit

So he's still only about 10 stone then?

Today I am tired. I was going to do an optional easy run at lunch and then decided against it. My legs are tired and I am tired. Both from the weekend and very little sleep last night. I was on Rascal Pants duty.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Today I am tired. I was going to do an optional easy run at lunch and then decided against it. My legs are tired and I am tired. Both from the weekend and very little sleep last night. I was on Rascal Pants duty.
    It does not help today, but it does get easier I promise..

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    It does not help today, but it does get easier I promise..

The training or the kids?

The training I know gets easier............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Sometimes you need to train when tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

If my feet and legs were fat it would help alright... natural wetsuit

Sometimes you need to train when tired.

Sorry I wasn't anywhere near clear enough.

What stopped me training was not the sleep tiredness but the physical tiredness, by that I mean my quads, calves and hamstrings screamed walking stairs and riding to work. A little niggle in my right rec fem and left hip flexor suggested that working through lunch would be the sensible thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

griffin100 wrote: »
    So he's still only about 10 stone then?

If only :(

• Advertisement

Right I've not done a tap since 12th August. Cycled to work that is it. I have my reasons but hoping thats in the past.

In with the man with the tan tonight as that 280km weekend was not good on the psoas and rec fems. I will be poked and prodded and called fat. But my rec fems should be released when I leave :)

In with The Man with the Tan.

Not a pleasant session. However today alot legs better, feeling well too so went for an easy 30 minutes at lunch. Went by RPE as metrics useless when you've done nothing in almost a fortnight and are horrifically unfit. I knew things would be reasonable decent with my rec fems in better nick. 4:45 per km - best keep them supple!

I'm a nerd - both at heart and professionally.
    I use my Android phone to control my time keeping and tasks.
    When training I use Trainingpeaks to control my training.

Trainingpeaks has brutal support for syncing with Google Calendar. Even if it did work as described its still useless. Its android app is useless too.

So over the last while I wrote a two way sync program between Google Calendar and Trainingpeaks. It also calculates and provides some useful metrics on weekly training and delivers them to me. Trainingpeaks also has horrific data integrity and so my program cleans it up.

Next step is to bundle it as an android app as at present it just runs as windows service daemon. Its fine for my needs but no one else can use it really (assuming not everyone has the same access to always on machines). Somewhat hampered by the absence of JAXB on Android.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I'm a nerd - both at heart and professionally.
    I use my Android phone to control my time keeping and tasks.
    When training I use Trainingpeaks to control my training.

Trainingpeaks has brutal support for syncing with Google Calendar. Even if it did work as described its still useless. Its android app is useless too.

So over the last while I wrote a two way sync program between Google Calendar and Trainingpeaks. It also calculates and provides some useful metrics on weekly training and delivers them to me. Trainingpeaks also has horrific data integrity and so my program cleans it up.

Next step is to bundle it as an android app as at present it just runs as windows service daemon. Its fine for my needs but no one else can use it really (assuming not everyone has the same access to always on machines). Somewhat hampered by the absence of JAXB on Android.......

Or in short... I regret not buying an iPhone which all companies develop apps for before poorly porting them to android. :)

mloc123 wrote: »
    Or in short... I regret not buying an iPhone which all companies develop apps for before poorly porting them to android. :)

No not at all.
    Android is for tech savvy people.
    iOS for those who, in years gone by, would struggle with setting the video recorder.

(plus the trainingpeaks iOS app is worse)

No not at all.
    Android is for tech savvy people.
    iOS for those who, in years gone by, would struggle with setting the video recorder.

(plus the trainingpeaks iOS app is worse)

Plus based on my habits and what not it
    (a) creates events for commuting to and from pool
    (b) sets alarms
    (c) creates to dos in toodle do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Jeez Tunney, as if the powermeter calibration and FTP intricacies weren't hard enough to follow..!
    Good luck with the ap though ;)

Knees alot better but still sore. Poxy rec fems.

Training plan this weekend.......... Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I am going to eat peanuts and I may even sit on the plane to London with a spoon and a jar of peanut butter (can only eat nuts when not seeing the kids for 24 hours)

Stag in London #messy

Right, finally getting over the weekend.

Up 5am, ran. Flew to London. In a gooners pub at midday. Pub barman was a lad we all went to school with and did J1s with.
    Arsenal win.
    Stag and best man arrive at 3pm. Already hammered.
    7pm more arrive. Shots been going a few hours now.
    10pm last arrive, he is sober. HAHA he loved the converstation
    Turkish grub and onto more pubs.
    3am fall into taxi.

Plenty of pints, shots and peanuts.

Sunday. Wake up. Still drunk, get paranoid about peanuts stuck in impacted wisdom teeth. Go nuts brushing teeth, shred gums, agony.

Long day Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Start to fee better Wednesday.
    Kids and Glenda head to Cavan, treated myself to a curry (homemade), a bottle of wine and a film. Feel ropey today. The associated wedding tomorrow. Lads I grew up with back from Oz, Canada, London, Sweden for it. So if you see me wandering around Sally Gap Sunday morning its cause the reception is in Kippure Estate, just turn me around and point me back in the direction of there.

Jaw and teeth in agony and ear aches too all week, total agony. Really did a number on my wisdom teeth gums.

(Oh I did do training this week too).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Looking at it sunny side up, you are going to be in great condition for the next beer mile event :D

• Advertisement

Looking at it sunny side up, you are going to be in great condition for the next beer mile event :D

:)

Jackyback thinks that he will take me in Blasksod. Its a stag.

10k run. 10 cans.

10k run. 10 cans.

There's an offie right beside me here, I'll stock up on the Dutch Gold, may as well make it a classy event. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Blacksod is a stag? Whos stag? Feel like I'll be gate-crashing now.
    Who is going to Blacksod at this stage anyway.

BTH wrote: »

Dolan

Dolan

Wish my mates wanted to go to a race for my stag!!

10k run. 10 cans.

You will win the race on the can front, i concede victory as I cannot drink for sh1te these days. Probably end up doing the hot dog dance again!!

It will be a long drive back from Blacksod for whoever comes last. I think the only viable option is to sabotage Dolans race so we can finish ahead of him, slag him and drink cans on the way back whilst he drives:)

BTH wrote: »

Are you doing Blacksod? A few sociable pints on Friday night so we can slag your gingerness and my dwarfiness?

to sabotage Dolans race so we can finish ahead of him

I'll sort that for ye.

Lead in the shoes works wonders for slowing a lad down. ;)

Are you doing Blacksod? A few sociable pints on Friday night so we can slag your gingerness and my dwarfiness?

I was thinking of heading down if there was a crowd going and having a few drinks after, but a stag do is a completely different proposition, especially considering I don't know the guy.

I'll be arriving very late on Friday if I do go down as I'll be working till 6. No leave left to take as I'm off on Honeymoon in December.

• Advertisement

Anyway, you just want someone there with a lower alcohol threshold than you :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement