Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking For Concert @ O2 Coming From West Of Ireland

Options
  • 01-07-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im just wondering what is the best option for parking for a gig at the O2. I will be coming up from the west of Ireland and driving down the same night. So i'm looking for a quick exit after the concert?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

KMFCross wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Im just wondering what is the best option for parking for a gig at the O2. I will be coming up from the west of Ireland and driving down the same night. So i'm looking for a quick exit after the concert?

Thanks

Heuston station probably upper best bet. Park there, luas to O2 and back. Will have you on the N4 straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The O2 has a car park. When you leave the car you go up the stars and your in the Point Village. Great for a quick exit too.

It's on Mayor Street Upper

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

How long roughly would it take on a friday night after a concert to get from the o2 car park to past the M50? And will traffic be chaotic there at that time?

If u beat the crowds out of the car park you'll fly it out to the M50. About 15-20 minutes. There'll be very little traffic other than the concert traffic on a Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Red Cow Luas Park n Ride- Luas to O2 and back-sorted.

• Advertisement

Just looking at the map there and set it for directions from the gibson hotel to Lucan and it was sending me up the port tunnel, would there be much traffic that way?, i understand there will be tolls but if its a handier route it may be worth it

Port Tunnel's great but will leave you at the airport end of the M50.

If you're looking for Lucan just go up the South Quays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Just my 2 cents: the o2 car park is an absolute disaster. Was stuck in there for over an hour after tom petty. Id get the luas OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

bazza1 wrote: »
    Red Cow Luas Park n Ride- Luas to O2 and back-sorted.

Red cow on n7 not n4. Heuston station car park, luas from there to O2 and you're straight on the n4 and ahead of the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jurys Inn Hotel at Custom House Harbour Quay also has a car park. I think it's a fiver from 5pm to 7am. It is beside the Mayor Sq Luas stop, so you could jump on a tram down to the O2, its only a couple of stops. Or you could walk it in 10 mins if it is a nice evening. You are near enough to the O2, without having to sit in the actual pre & post concert traffic down at the O2. However, if it were me, I'd leave the car at the Heuston Station car park & get the Luas down to the O2. Driving into town and down the quays on a Friday evening, would not be my ideal way to get me in the mood for a concert.

• Advertisement

Looks like Heuston Station it is so.

Thanks for the help folks.

Folks,

One more question, i noticed that closing time is 23.30 on friday night. If a concert tonight says doors 6.30 - show 8.00 (Not sure how long it will go on) will i have enough time to get back and exit the car park before close.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

KMFCross wrote: »
    Folks,

One more question, i noticed that closing time is 23.30 on friday night. If a concert tonight says doors 6.30 - show 8.00 (Not sure how long it will go on) will i have enough time to get back and exit the car park before close.

Thanks

You don't have to park in the Heuston car park if you don't want. There is on street parking right opposite the station entrance (outside HSE building). If you arrive early, you can pay for an hour or so until the 7pm end of parking regs and then you're in the right direction for heading out to the N4 etc. I find it very handy for picking people up at heuston and is rarely used. It's on the outbound lane so you need to come in a little further past Heuston until you can turn back around (over the LIffey as if heading back out to GAlway). It's not so much the few € it would save but to be heading in the right direction straight away!

Advertisement