Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennels - North County Dublin

• 01-07-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello,

I am looking for decent kennels for my 1 yr old dog for one night. He has never been in kennels before. You hear so many bad stories but we are very stuck. Can anyone recommend kennels in north county dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Is Drogheda too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 wowwee123

Hi Tillygirl,

Yeah it would be too far. it's only for a night. I know there are a few Garristown/Naul area so there would be far enough.

Thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chinawall

Home boarding is a very good alternative to kennels. I've used twice Meath Coast Dog Walking in Laytown Co.Meath, if that's not too far away. they have a web site www.meathcoastdogwalking.com and a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Meath-Coast-Dog-Walking/115696735146320?ref=hl I am very happy with them.
    Not sure if was ok to paste the links here, perhaps moderators will cancel this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Bring him/her to BeechHill Kennels in Garristown. They really love the dogs there & treat them like pets. Mine LOVEs the owners .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

wowwee123 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am looking for decent kennels for my 1 yr old dog for one night. He has never been in kennels before. You hear so many bad stories but we are very stuck. Can anyone recommend kennels in north county dublin?

not sure if anybody mentioned. but first off all.

your dog needs to be neutered - very few kennels take none neutered dogs tho. but they will have them isolated and then he needs to have special vaccine - against kennels cough. 3 weeks in advance.

second i can put all my money on this kennels

http://www.allpawsboarding.com/

i am not related to them, but i am telling you this is the real deal. I have searched for kennels all around north dublin and i visited 6+ kennels in person!! not on web i went there. for my 1y JRT as i was going for holidays for 3 weeks. its runned by 2 lovely ladies and the place is paradise for dogs!! my dog almost didnt wanna leave the place when i came back to pick him up. I am telling you dont even think twice and book in.

the best of the best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

The key thing here is to do as Bikerguy did ; visit any kennels you would consider using & have a good look around.
    Also, it the people, not the place that mind your pet, so have a good chat with them and note carefully how your pet reacts to them. Find out what the daily routine is, and if you can't see & hear happy dogs, maybe don't leave yours there.

If any kennels make it anyway difficult for you to visit, don't use them. If the place is constantly supervised there should not be any difficulty dropping in unannounced (at long as it's during normal opening hours). Also, if there are any kids in your family, maybe bring them along so they can see for themselves where their pet will be.
    Kids can worry about where the dog goes.

Remember, this could be a great resource for you over the length of your pet's lifetime, so take the time to find a good place.

Advertisement