Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nile Rodgers - Dublin 28th/29th - Belfast 30th/31st Oct

Options
  • 01-07-2013 3:26pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

October 28 :: Dublin, Ireland
    October 29 :: Dublin, Ireland
    October 30 :: Belfast, UK
    October 31 :: Belfast, UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

October 28 :: Dublin, Ireland
    28 October 2013 00:00

Dublin

Venue TBC id say either Button Factory/Vicar St/Olympia

According to his site, he's penciled in for the 29th as well. Along with the following 2 nights in Belfast

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ah id say 2 nights in Button Factory then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Wont be the Olympia, Suede are on there on the 28th Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Any confirmation on the venue and how much tickets will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 janejjjjjjj

excellent news thanks, just saw him at Glastonbury with Chic and it was amazing.

• Advertisement

POD LIVE are delighted to announce that Disco legends CHIC, Featuring Nile Rodgers will play two nights at Vicar Street on 29th and 30th October this year. Tickets €38.50 & €43.50 (+ fees) go on sale at 9am on Friday 19th July from Ticketmaster Ireland. Fancy winning tickets before they go on sale? Simply share + like this poster and we'll pick two winners on Thursday 18th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Belfast date is the 23rd in the Ulster Hall.

Milk Market, Limerick (25)
    Radisson Hotel, Galway (27)

Got them for Dublin, there seemed to be a problem when it first went live that only level 2 was available but luckily I tried again instead of buying seats and suddenly standing was available. Head wrecker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Got them for Dublin, there seemed to be a problem when it first went live that only level 2 was available but luckily I tried again instead of buying seats and suddenly standing was available. Head wrecker

I think what happens sometimes in Vicar Street is that when tickets go on sale first, that they release standing ground floor tickets, and if they sell well, they then put on sale tickets in Blocks D, E and F upstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Pricy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

leakyboots wrote: »
    Pricy enough

Wouldn't be a thread in here without someone making this bloody post.

I think what happens sometimes in Vicar Street is that when tickets go on sale first, that they release standing ground floor tickets, and if they sell well, they then put on sale tickets in Blocks D, E and F upstairs.

Thanks maybe that was it.

It was odd though as I was lucky and clicked refresh literally as it went live, so I had to have been one of the first in, and all they were offering was level 2 nothing for the ground floor at all, it was greyed out as an option. So it was the upstairs seats and balcony only. Then they released the ground floor standing at least 5 mins later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Have been trying various options to buy for Wed night Dublin with no luck ...is it sold out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Third date announced, 22nd of October. tickets go on sale on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Anyone at the gig lastnight? Im going next week so hoping that it was a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Was there last night, have to say it was a great show, full of energy and the music was fantastic. Nile is great at interacting with the crowd too, perfect amount of interaction IMO. Can PM you a rough set list if you wish.

Was there last night, have to say it was a great show, full of energy and the music was fantastic. Nile is great at interacting with the crowd too, perfect amount of interaction IMO. Can PM you a rough set list if you wish.

I second that! This was one of the biggest surprises I ever got from a concert!!!!
    Before last night, I would consider Chic a thing of the past.
    Now I find them completely relevant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

What time were they on stage at last night because going to see them in Galway this weekend? Have to work late and hoping I will not miss to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not exactly sure but think it was around 9ish.

• Advertisement

did loads of people get up on stage for the last song, like at Forbidden Fruit!!:)

did anyone get a photo of the setlist last night? I'm going next week, it'd be interesting to see if they play the same set or if they change it from show to show!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

did loads of people get up on stage for the last song, like at Forbidden Fruit!!:)

did anyone get a photo of the setlist last night? I'm going next week, it'd be interesting to see if they play the same set or if they change it from show to show!:)

Courtesy of the twitter account of @RossesDogSheba

proxy.jpg?t=HBheaHR0cDovLzI1Lm1lZGlhLnR1bWJsci5jb20vZmM5NjNkNTJjY2NkNTFkNDRmNGUyMGFlNjk2YWNjNDYvdHVtYmxyX212MzdicThqamwxc3N5MDh6bzFfNTAwLmpwZxTABxTABwAWABIA&s=w1Ppg4-Becyn-xNYzyvW5OgOtGTixjWd904A-fAeB_s

Going to the Limerick gig myself, that setlist looks pretty damn near perfect to me. :)

telekon wrote: »
    Courtesy of the twitter account of @RossesDogSheba

proxy.jpg?t=HBheaHR0cDovLzI1Lm1lZGlhLnR1bWJsci5jb20vZmM5NjNkNTJjY2NkNTFkNDRmNGUyMGFlNjk2YWNjNDYvdHVtYmxyX212MzdicThqamwxc3N5MDh6bzFfNTAwLmpwZxTABxTABwAWABIA&s=w1Ppg4-Becyn-xNYzyvW5OgOtGTixjWd904A-fAeB_s

Going to the Limerick gig myself, that setlist looks pretty damn near perfect to me. :)

thanks for that!!:)

I got a photo of the setlist from the Button Factory in July last year, I must check and see if there's much changes to it, although I think the order of the songs are quite similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I'm heading along next Wednesday, just wondering is there any support act?

I can't imagine there being one but just thought I'd ask.

lc180 wrote: »
    I'm heading along next Wednesday, just wondering is there any support act?

I can't imagine there being one but just thought I'd ask.

There was a DJ that played an hour-long warm-up set, using vinyls and two turntables. He was quite good, playing mainly funk sounds from the 70's.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Anyone know what time they were on at last night?

Anyone know what time they were on at last night?

are you attending the second Vicar St gig tonight?

In Vicar St last night they began at 9 and played till about 10.45 -10.50

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

Went on Tuesday night. Great gig. The croud were loving it. Anyone else notice Bono boogying away in the balcony?

Advertisement