Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent - SUSI grant documentation required

• 01-07-2013 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have got to the second assessment stage for a SUSI grant for my postgrad. I have just moved back home, and the letter was sent to my last address. I only found out about it today, and they need the documentation by the 8th of July!

They need:

1) Proof of inheritance I declared on the form

and

2) Proof I've been resident in Ireland for 3 out of the last 5 years.

What kind of documentation is acceptable for these?

Would I get a letter from the solicitor re: the inheritance?

And as for residence, I don't know where to start. I was at home for a lot of it, unemployed.

Was in Cork for over a year, lived in three different places, one of which they were awful and I most definitely can't contact them again.

It's panic stations here as you can guess. AAAAGGGHH!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭38Flowers

Get the letter from solicitor and any bank accounts, credit union, or revenue, social welfare letters etc. addressed to you over that period of residence..it'll be fine, stop panicking ! Also, ring them tomorrow just to confirm exactly what they want, and don't be afraid to ask whatever you want and to tell them if you don't have something they need so that they can tell you what to do instead...they're not the KGB, they just need proof! :) Relax :)

On another note, what is the first stage like? What do you have to do, what info do they want, do you know the conditions, as I was thinking of trying to apply....!!

Advertisement