Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admission competition MSc financial services?

Options
  • 01-07-2013 3:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24

Hi, i have done bachelors in business administration with majors in finance previously, with cgpa of 3.31 out of 4. or 80.6 % . So please let me know about my chances for admission in msc financial services program at kemmy business school. Actually i want to know about admission competition into this program. I am an international candidate. I am thank full to you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Raw GPA/QCA/CGPA values don't mean much without context. Percentages mean even less, especially when comparing universities in different countries.

Where did you graduate from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 shazysps

dear i am graduated from Pakistan, and also please let me know if there is any test requirement like GMAT or GRE. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

shazysps wrote: »
    Hi, i have done bachelors in business administration with majors in finance previously, with cgpa of 3.31 out of 4. or 80.6 % . So please let me know about my chances for admission in msc financial services program at kemmy business school. Actually i want to know about admission competition into this program. I am an international candidate. I am thank full to you.

There's about 30 - 35 places for Msc in Financial services. Over 15 students who did it last year were non - eu nationals from china, india, Pakistan.

Once you meet the requirements you wont have a problem getting in. The competition is nothing compared to Msc in Computational finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

In the case of international students, applicants must hold a qualification that is equivalent to an Irish or UK honours bachelor's degree (NQAI level 8). The degree must be in a discipline relevant to the postgraduate degree sought. To find out if you have the correct qualifications to apply for a programme at UL check the specific requirements for your home country.

Where candidates are non-native English language speakers, the candidate should meet the University’s English Language Requirements.

http://www.ul.ie/business/postgraduate/full-time/msc_financial_services
    Send an email to the course director and ask them. They'll be able to give you an answer

Actually the problem is that i am unable to weight my Pakistani cgpa with respect to ul grading system, the requirement for msc program is minimum 2.2 degree. So is my CGPA of 3.31 out of 4 or 80.6 % in bachelors degree is enough to get in this program. And also please let me know if i have to give GMAT or GRE to make my application strong, or an honours bachelors degree will make me enough to get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

When does this masters programme start ? August or September ?

september

Advertisement