Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optimal Payments - any experience?

Options
  • 01-07-2013 4:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Have started the set up of an integrated scheduling and billing software for my gym.

The payment partner is a group called Optimal Payments.

The terms they've offered are as follows;

Setup fee: Free
    Monthly fee: €25.00 per month
    Merchant Service Charge (MSC): 1.99% of completed sale value*
    Transaction fee: €0.25 per transaction request
    Chargeback fee: €20.00 per chargeback
    Settlement: Weekly, 7 Days in arrears (Subject to final assessment)*
    Rolling Reserve: 5% held for 6 months (Subject to final assessment)*
    *Rates and settlement terms are subject to status and may vary depending on the risk sector you operate in, your trading history and your company’s credit rating (Quotation valid 30 days).

Anyone have any thoughts on the provider and their terms?!?!

Thanks,
    James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

With all suppliers you should get at least three quotes to get a fair picture of what the market is charging.

Realex are an Irish company who provide a similar service I believe. You could Google 'Online Payment Providers'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Realex are an Irish company who provide a similar service I believe.

If Hanley goes with Realex he will have to pay a monthly minimum to them AND a monthly minimum to a merchant banks. Which ultimately won't save him much.

Hanley, I recommend using WorldNet. From my experience they are one of the most technologically advanced payment gateways in the Irish/UK market - they're Irish too. Also, they have a solution which allows you to pay a monthly minimum to them (industry standard) and then just a percentage fee on transactions to the merchant bank - so you're not committed to fees if you're not processing. Well worth contacting them about!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bridest

There appears to be a new payment gateway solution on the market

http://www.authipay.com/

has anybody used them?

Am I correct in saying that going with Realex it's €29 + VAT plus there's another monthly charge for a merchant account?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AIBMS_eComm

Hey Guys,
    Authipay here, (bridtest - thank you for the mention , always appreciated:))
    We are open for business and we have a specific easy to use recurring payments feature built in free of charge in our gateway.

Our Pricing on package 1 is €21.99 per month and if you want to get a more detailed quote to compare to above please email sales@aibms.com and the guys will quote you rates for all the above details.

Advertisement