Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Failed my driving test

• 01-07-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Today I did my driving test and I terribly failed :o
    I wanted to ask, now that I failed my test do I have to do again all the 12 compulsory lessons or they are still valid for whenever I do again my driving test?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

You do not have to take another 12 lessons. Practice and confidence are your friends. You'll get it next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JBud

All right! Thanks a lot! I hope so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,944 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Judging by your location, you did it in Tuam?

I'm doing my lessons there at the moment. I'll be able to do my test in about 2 months time.

Yes I did it in Tuam!
    I thought Tuam would had been easy to do but apparently I underestimated the situation......
    I hope that you are going to pass it in the first go!
    It's devastating when you hear "I have bad news for you today" and you're hit by the fact that you didn't pass it.
    I really hope for you that you'll get it at the first time!

Yeah Tuam isn't as easy as it looks. A few hills and tight corners! I hate going up Shop Street to the round about.

Thanks. Fingers crossed I will.

Did you do a pre-test with your instructor?

• Advertisement

No, Tuam is not a bit easy to do!
    my instructor told me that Galway would had been harder to do, but at this point I don't know which one is worse....
    People who park on the sides of the road taking away space for other drivers, small roundabouts and people who cross the road without even looking or waiting.....
    I really hope for you it goes well.... Is not a nice experience to fail after all the money and effort you have spent in it!
    I did ya and she told me that I would had pass it.
    Apparently she was wrong.....

The instructors don't always get it right. No harm in getting a "second opinion" and doing a pre-test with a different instructor. They'll be watching you with fresh eyes and will have no pre-conception of your driving.

To be honest I did do a couple of lessons and a pre-test with a different instructor when I was about to do the test exactly for that reason and he didn't say that I would had failed......
    He wasn't really correcting me as such and he thought that I would had pass the test.
    But yes, you are right. They don't always get it right and I hope for you that he/she will get it right with you.

Could have got an examiner having an off day too. So many variables that can determine the outcome!

Thanks. Doing a good bit of practicing but still have some rough edges to smooth out. Need more practice at turnabouts and reversing around corners.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Take whatever feedback you did get from the test and you'll get it next time.

Good luck in any case buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Onwards and upwards!

Took me three times to get mine.

Yes, I think It's hard to tell what exactly went wrong. But I must say that my examiner wasn't a bit nice. I know is not their job to be nice and friendly, but it would help! Practice and you'll be fine! ;)

Thanks a lot guys, I really hope to get it in one way or the other!

Advertisement