Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO failing maths

• 01-07-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

can anyone reccommend a college which does not require maths as a requirment as part of a business degree in ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dachshunds

Just to clarify have u definitely failed maths from a previous year or did u do so bad this year u no u can't have passed. The situation is not as bad as u my think sum of the it,s allow u to sit their maths exam the week after the leaving cert has come out so u have a second chance at the exam but u get no points for it. The universities don't have this facility as far as I know but I may b wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

dachshunds wrote: »
    Just to clarify have u definitely failed maths from a previous year or did u do so bad this year u no u can't have passed. The situation is not as bad as u my think sum of the it,s allow u to sit their maths exam the week after the leaving cert has come out so u have a second chance at the exam but u get no points for it. The universities don't have this facility as far as I know but I may b wrong.
    Some universities do usually linked to specific courses.

Hi dachshunds, welcome to Boards! :)

Pleas note that this site has a "No textspeak" policy, thanks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 catherinek12

well i failed the mocks and i reckon i did a bad paper 1 ad paper 2 wasnt too much better, i do know of
    UL science ad engineering faculty holding a exam in aug for maths
    DIT holding a maths one but im not sure what faculty its for
    NUIG hold one for engineering in aug

but after that i cant find any for business :confused:

is the exam your talking about part of the SEC or part of colleges on their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dachshunds

Try cit. I don't think it's for any specific course just anyone who has failed remember project maths is new the department don't want people failing it or it reflects badly on them

• Registered Users Posts: 30 catherinek12

Try cit. I don't think it's for any specific course just anyone who has failed remember project maths is new the department don't want people failing it or it reflects badly on them

i never put them down on the CAO :( i hope i pass ,with that question being wrong and stuff im banking on attempt marks
    fingers crosssed :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement