Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

training abroad

• 01-07-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

I was looking at a coarse being run in ohio usa, The coarse is only a week long so would it be just a case of going to the states for a week the same as if i were going their on holiday or would i have to declare what i was going over their for,

I presume its just going over for a week or so as on holiday but they seem to be pretty strict on boarder control en, all that,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Will you be packing those bags yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Before you go, you need to go to the US Embassy and declare yourself as being fabulous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Will you be packing those bags yourself?

I'd imagine his butler will do it for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good luck with course and the border. Just say you are going there on holiday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

AFAIK, you are not eligible for an ESTA if you are going to study, you need to apply for a visa, though I think you might just need a visitor visa if it's not an academic course.
    http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html#short

Whatever you do, don't tell lies at the border.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭gw80

AFAIK, you are not eligible for an ESTA if you are going to study, you need to apply for a visa, though I think you might just need a visitor visa if it's not an academic course.
    http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html#short

Whatever you do, don't tell lies at the border.

thanks backwardsman, thats the info i was lookin for,

No I dont want to be telling lies at the boarder:), want to make sure I do everything right so i dont run into any problems.

Its not an academic coarse so hopefully it will be easy enough,

cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭gw80

Before you go, you need to go to the US Embassy and declare yourself as being fabulous.

naa I wont have to declare being fabulous they,ll know by the look of me

Advertisement