Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best radio station in Waterford

Options
  • 01-07-2013 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

Seen as its Beat 102-103's 10th birthday today I was just wondering what radio station is the most popular in Waterford City and its surrounding areas. I personally like 2fm the most but seem to always be turning on Beat for the tunes.

What are your preferences?

Most popular radio Station in Waterford 97 votes

Wlr fm
    0%
    Beat 102-103
    12%
    Dr. BaltarfreewheelerArtVandelay76deekscomeraghsiphoneheadfitzcoffMax Powersinlikeflynn86blue noteChris RyanAnnestownRadio 12 votes
    Rte Radio 1
    30%
    Pulse8ziedthwitless1mailrewopiseegirlsMitchKoobskiSome_PersonDaveJac_LilyRose_pp_meDoylersLaura_lolly87deisedaveeiresandraskinnyboyJamie2k9YumDeiseMumdavi31cfc.foreverseavill 30 votes
    Rte 2fm
    7%
    JamboBeekercraoltoirdeise bluejupiterjackminibearmorebarn2 7 votes
    Today fm
    8%
    deisemumBaby4sparkling seaRubberlegsCreamsodadark_shadowdeadybaiVillaboi! 8 votes
    Rte Lyric Fm
    30%
    Aquos76SullylassykksouthjohnnykiloshockwaveTeebor15Musicman2000baronflyguy200motelsTheBoffinDunmoreroaderHijpoLedgerrude awakeningEthan EdwardsMinisterLETS BE AVN ITdaaavefitzeyboy. 30 votes
    South East Radio
    4%
    jmccCabaalGrandBlaalertsnim 4 votes
    KCLR 96fm
    2%
    ChiparusGalia 2 votes
    Tipp Fm
    2%
    maquiladoraToddyDoody 2 votes
    Newstalk
    2%
    callaway92Alpha Dog 1 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

There is more than that on Waterfords Airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

Today fm
    0rt wrote: »
    There is more than that on Waterfords Airwaves.

Like what? that's all the ones I could think of. I was going to include Opentempo fm but that only airs between 6pm friday until Sunday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zenith Classic Rock (now playing Be Bop Delux and that's why!)
    Open Tempo FM

Today fm
    mike65 wrote: »
    Zenith Classic Rock (now playing Be Bop Delux and that's why!)
    Open Tempo FM

Never heard of Zenith Classic Rock.
    What frequency is it?

Its got a temp licence between Jan and end March at the weekends, its online all the time though.

http://184.105.134.25:8002 also available in 64Kbps but have not got the link handy.

• Advertisement

Today fm
    Its got a temp licence between Jan and end March at the weekends, its online all the time though.

http://184.105.134.25:8002 also available in 64Kbps but have not got the link handy.

cheers for that. never heard of that at all

• Rte Radio 1
    Beat until about 9am, then when all the crap music begins, onto Newstalk.

Today fm
    Beat until about 9am, then when all the crap music begins, onto Newstalk.

Same for me except for the newstalk lol. I usually get my lunch at 1 o clock for a hour so I listen to Larry Gogans Golden hour on 2fm. In my opinion thats the best show on radio.

But I think its fair to say that Beat have the best breakfast show. I hate the way beat has basically a full half hour of ads and new when it gets to half past the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Radio DSBC for all your Waterford Wolves and Waterford Utd Away matches .

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

Rte Lyric Fm
    tramore community radio. my old neighbour, Thor Zeller, has a decent selection of rock songs on his show "access all areas"

http://tcrfm.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Rte Lyric Fm
    I'd be a Today FM listener for most of the day, but I do listen to Beat's Breakfast show and I'll put on Beat's Andy Mac on the way home in the evening for a few tunes if Matt Cooper is too depressing. :)

Today fm
    Jason Todd wrote: »
    I'd be a Today FM listener for most of the day, but I do listen to Beat's Breakfast show and I'll put on Beat's Andy Mac on the way home in the evening for a few tunes if Matt Cooper is too depressing. :)

I'm very surprised with today fm leading. Matt Cooper can be very interesting at times but I still would have thought that Will Leahys more music drive on 2fm would have been the most popular drive home show.

Today fm
    daaave wrote: »
    tramore community radio. my old neighbour, Thor Zeller, has a decent selection of rock songs on his show "access all areas"

http://tcrfm.ie/

What frequency is this on? or is it just an online one? And I presume they only broadcast in the city and Tramore (obviously Tramore lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Anyone know who is behind opentempo.Pm me if you like.Thank's in advance.

Today fm
    Anyone know who is behind opentempo.Pm me if you like.Thank's in advance.

Sorry don't no. But some tunes when it gets going in the night.

Today fm
    So no takers on Rte Lyric Fm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

http://totalbroadcast.net/zenith/zenith32.pls

http://totalbroadcast.net/zenith/zenith64.pls

http://totalbroadcast.net/zenith/zenith128.pls

The latter is the best quality, the first is lowest bitrate, for mobile use, the middle is a compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Newstalk all the time except for Matt Cooper on Today FM ahead of George Hook and then I'd listen to Paul McCloone if I happened to be in the car when he's on. If Beat ceased to exist in the morning I wouldn't even notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

No ABC Power 104 in the poll? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

Rte Lyric Fm
    deadybai wrote: »
    What frequency is this on? or is it just an online one? And I presume they only broadcast in the city and Tramore (obviously Tramore lol)

92.3fm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Rte Lyric Fm
    IMHO - WLR = What a Load of Rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Rte Lyric Fm
    7.30a.m. rte 1 - morning Ireland if I can stand it, If not Ian Dempsey on Today FM!
    9.00a.m. rte 1 John Murray good but M.I.A. - Miriam O'Callaghan - nice to look at but dose of ire on the radio so switch to Newstalk until lunchtime or Ray D'Arcy on Today FM until he gets on my nerves.
    1p.m. Back to RTE1 for Sean O'Rourke's lunchtime news.
    1.45p.m. Talk to Joe - NO! Switch to Today FM Tony Fenton, Matt Cooper, Paul McLoone - class.
    Would like to listen to local stations a bit more for local news/topics but the music is usually woeful.
    But then I'm at that funny age.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

The experimental music show Nova on a Sun night can be good. Otherwise occasionally.

Today fm
    old gregg wrote: »
    The experimental music show Nova on a Sun night can be good. Otherwise occasionally.

Yeah same goes for Rte Rnag (which I forgot to include). Some of them night time shows have great tunes on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Rte Lyric Fm
    Dempsey in the morning, Darcy till 12, wont listen to the radio until Moncrieff comes on then wont listen again until Off The Ball. Beat FM is a sh*te station with pop crap rotating every few hours. WLR is for the old folks of Waterford who love listening to see who is after dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Newstalk

Then really how the fúck was he supposed to know about it?

Jesus Christ. I'd go out on a limb here (yeah . .) and guess that 99% of people here haven't heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Rte Lyric Fm
    callaway92 wrote: »

Jesus Christ. I'd go out on a limb here (yeah . .) and guess that 99% of people here haven't heard of it.

Touchy Touchy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Rte Lyric Fm
    Beat is probably the cheesiest radio station iv ever heard with more ads than an american sports channel, they try waaaay to hard to be funny and cool for the younger audience.
    WLR is by far the worst of the lot playing the same awful songs at the same time every day for the week for all the crusties.

callaway92 wrote: »

I'll wager you are wrong (and as an interloper from South Tipp I wouldn't expect you to have heard of it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

South East Radio

I do listen from time to time in the car

Advertisement