Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oil stove conversion

• 01-07-2013 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi all

i own a stanley Ashling oil stove. With the costs of oil gone up and the fact that i have cleared a load of wood, i am thinking of changing to a wood stove.
    Does anyone know if i can convert the ashling or will i have to buy a new stove.

Also, if i was considering buying a stove with a back boiler, what sort of tradesman would i be looking for to fit it. There is pipes in the old fireplace that used to be conected to a back boiler years ago.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

You will need a new stove.
    You also need to check what type of liner is used on your chimney, liners for gas and oil are not suitable for solid fuel.

Advertisement