Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hotpoint washing mach problem

• 01-07-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭

machine is not emptying the water.
    keeps filling up and starts overflowing out of the door.
    Ive looked at the out pipe and she doesnt seem to be blocked but
    the problem keeps happening,
    Also the water keeps coming into the machine through the drawer
    I know im probably going to have to call in the repair person but if anyone knows why this might be happening id be grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thepits

I would be confident that it is the solenoid valve that is giving you your problem.If the solenoid is not part of the soap drawer holder it is an easy repair.I would still recommend a professional repair it for you.

I hate to say it but Hotpoint are the worst Machine on the Market at the moment.I strongly recommend Bosch or Perhaps Miele should your Machine be unrepairable.

P.S. There is a slight chance your pcb board is faulty-In this case it is not worth fixing.Good luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭dball

also have to turn off the water at the mains - even though the machine is powered off the water is still coming out of the machine and filling up the inside - is this normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

thepits wrote: »
    I would be confident that it is the solenoid valve that is giving you your problem..

I'll second that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭JASOND29

could be the inlet valve on the washing machine either . like the pits said hotpoint are rubbish as indesit company now make there stuff if you do need a new washing machine look at siemens lg and if not either of those bosch . powercity are selling a gorenje 7 kg 1400 spin at 349 at the moment and it has a 5 year parts and labour gurantee there good quailty machines and 5 year gurantee you cant go wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭dball

Thanks all - it was the solenoid (so far so good) and were back up and running. Also thanks to my wife for leaving the water slightly turned on all night and flooding the kitchen this morning:mad:
    thepits wrote: »
    I would be confident that it is the solenoid valve that is giving you your problem.If the solenoid is not part of the soap drawer holder it is an easy repair.I would still recommend a professional repair it for you.

I hate to say it but Hotpoint are the worst Machine on the Market at the moment.I strongly recommend Bosch or Perhaps Miele should your Machine be unrepairable.

P.S. There is a slight chance your pcb board is faulty-In this case it is not worth fixing.Good luck with it anyway.
    I'll second that.
    JASOND29 wrote: »
    could be the inlet valve on the washing machine either . like the pits said hotpoint are rubbish as indesit company now make there stuff if you do need a new washing machine look at siemens lg and if not either of those bosch . powercity are selling a gorenje 7 kg 1400 spin at 349 at the moment and it has a 5 year parts and labour gurantee there good quailty machines and 5 year gurantee you cant go wrong

• Advertisement

No worries,Glad you got sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hi guys, I also have the some problem with my washing machine.

It's hot point WM34A.

I tried changing the filter as it might be blocked but couldn't remove it.

Any ideas on what to do ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Hi guys, I also have the some problem with my washing machine.

It's hot point WM34A.

I tried changing the filter as it might be blocked but couldn't remove it.

Any ideas on what to do ?

Which filter.?
    The little one at the back of the machine on the water inlet or the one on the sump at the bottom.?

washman3 wrote: »
    Which filter.?
    The little one at the back of the machine on the water inlet or the one on the sump at the bottom.?

The one at the back if the machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The one at the back if the machine.

Take of the hose, the little filter has a little piece of plastic protruding, catch this with a pliers and pull it out. clean with a needle and running water.
    Some hoses also have a mesh filter built in at one end. so when you disconnect the hose turn on the water for a few seconds to check the flow. use a saucepan/basin to collect this water.

ELECTRICAL POWER OFF ALWAYS DURING CHECKS.........

• Advertisement

washman3 wrote: »
    Take of the hose, the little filter has a little piece of plastic protruding, catch this with a pliers and pull[/I][/B]

What do you mean by catch this ? And there's also an Iron wrapped to one end if the filter as well.

I'll take a picture tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice.

It is most likely blocked where the drum is connected to the pump.The machine knows not to leave in anymore water until the blockage is free.It is usually a jubilee clip that keeps it attached to the drum,Undo this and you may just find your blockage. Good luck and be safe.

Advertisement