Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulitple phone numbers redirected to one landline

• 01-07-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Seems like this might be the right place for my question. Is it possible to set up a system (Skype maybe) where by I have multiple unique landline numbers which can be redirected to the one landline to be answered, the person answering able to identify which number has been called so who they have been looking for?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hi All,

Seems like this might be the right place for my question. Is it possible to set up a system (Skype maybe) where by I have multiple unique landline numbers which can be redirected to the one landline to be answered, the person answering able to identify which number has been called so who they have been looking for?

Cheers.

Yes it is. I know this is possible with Asterisk as I have done it, but if you don't have a phone system I think goldfish are the only people doing this at the moment. Its called whisper.

http://www.goldfish.ie/7399/all/1/View-all-Features.aspx

There may be other providers out there but this one is the only one in Ireland that I can think of now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Cheers !

Cheers !

No bother, post back if you get stuck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

The cheapest provider I found was http://www.paplepekim.lt they charge €2.85 set-up then €1.16 a month. They are approved re-seller for www.didww.com. You will see a number of Irish re-sellers as well on there, but prices are more than double per month.

If you have your own Asterisk server Digiweb will provide free DDI numbers in blocks of 10 for free.

Mylow wrote: »
    The cheapest provider I found was http://www.paplepekim.lt they charge €2.85 set-up then €1.16 a month. They are approved re-seller for www.didww.com. You will see a number of Irish re-sellers as well on there, but prices are more than double per month.

If you have your own Asterisk server Digiweb will provide free DDI numbers in blocks of 10 for free.

Only thing is is that the OP wanted a provider that would do routing with a way of identification.

Cheers for the links Mylow :) Only thing about using international providers is that there may be a slight delay in the phone call that could be unnoticeable. There's a list of some providers here.

There are others out there just check the quality of them, especially international ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

They do routing, I use them, no noticeable delays to me or 3rd party.

Advertisement