Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java runtime Update - Errors

Options
  • 01-07-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Java runtime environment 7 (32 bit.) Avast keeps asking me to update this but everytime I try either using the online or offline option I just get errors.

JAVAFILEISCORRUPT_zps5cba29a9.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try disabling Avast and also updating Java through Ninite.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

yoyo wrote: »
    Try disabling Avast and also updating Java through Ninite.

Nick

Install failed, could not verify some code.

update: I disabled Avast for more than 10mins this time and tried again and everything finished ok.

Avast is still showing, jave update required, but maybe after a re-boot (tomorrow) it will be all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Once Java is installed you need to go back to the website to confirm that it's installed and valid. It won't work until you do this.

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    Once Java is installed you need to go back to the website to confirm that it's installed and valid. It won't work until you do this.

Ken

Never heard of that, but Just did a re-boot and avast says everything is up to date.

thanks nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement