Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM 2014 wish list

Options
  • 01-07-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭

Since the game is only a few months away, I'm wondering what people are hoping to see this time around.

For me:
    Improvement for contract negotiations. All too often a player will either flat out refuse to talk to you, or say make an offer and walk away regardless. The only way I can see either of those happening is if Liverpool try and sign Paul Scholes. We all know that would never happen so it would be accurate. But an unemployed player opting to remain unemployed instead of trying to get a contract very rarely, if ever, happens in real life. It happens too often in game.

Press Conferences. Do one and they are all the same. I don't even bother with the new job press conference because I've done it so many times. Either give mare variety, or cut them down to just the major events. New job, cup finals etc.

Manager salary. It's pointless as you can't actually do anything with it. FIFA manager used to allow you to have a family and as such use your wages to buy cars, houses, swimming pools etc and if you felt like it, give the money back to the club. Once you got enough money, it also allowed you to buy a club, eliminating sacking since you both owned and managed the club. Not sure what happened if you left the club, I never tried it. Doesn't need to be that in depth, but something needs to be added to use the money on.

I'm sure there is more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

You have time to change the title ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm sure I typed 14 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

make winning trophies exciting, is a cut scene really that hard?

I remember winning the premier league one year and didn't even realise it (it was late i was tired and there was still 5 or 6 games left in the season.

Clean your database option. after all those years playing thee game (i believe) still holds on to player details making your eventual database size HUGE. An option to clean out those who retired 3+ years ago or something would be nice

Make the in game footage less cringeworthy, its improved but still not great

Agree with the money bit though, better than it just telling you your career earnings. Could even have something where it takes money off ya for weekly expenses (big house more cost etc) so you can't aim to high to quick

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya the managers wage is pretty pointless, I always take the lowest I can as it means nothing to me, its just a figure.

The press conference options, once youve done a couple are tedious, more variety is needed.

I'd like to be able to add more formation to the current 3 you can use. I use a variety of 4-2-3-1 narrow and with wingers and a back up 4-5-1 defensive for tricky away games or when i need to hold onto a lead. i know people who dont change formation ever but I like to change it every now and again so its more of a personal preference that I could just click one button and have a well trained formation to hand.

Renewal of contracts - I had a 4 star potential youth player I signed from Celtic on a 3 year deal, at the end of it hes played about 40 games hasnt set the world on fire but hasnt played too badly, his original contract went from the youth wage of 55 a week to 2.5K a week at 18, now for renewal in his last year he wants 1st team regular status, 55K a week and a f**k load of add ons, loyalty bonuses and agent fees, no club has being in for him and hes down to his last 6 months of a contract so its either lose him for free or cave into his demands, very annoying, tried talking to him that didnt work either.

Transfer deadline day - after doing the 2 or 3 are pretty pointless, I try get my business down early in the summer but a question came up from a journo asking would I be looking to loan out my 19 year old starting LB whos played every minute of every game up until the end of the Janaury transfer window, why? :confused:

EDIT : Also stadium developments, I'd like some say on the matter like a different design of stands or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Heh, manager wage is interesting, would I be able to afford a house in Madrid if I was offered the job when I was 30k a week? I remember the crazy **** you could do in TCM :D

I hate agents in this game. The wage demands are ridiculous. I had a guy on 7.5k a week, one year left on contract, he was young but good, his agent wanted 28k, the best I could do is 22k plus add ons.....nope....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,132 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Manager salary. It's pointless as you can't actually do anything with it. FIFA manager used to allow you to have a family and as such use your wages to buy cars, houses, swimming pools etc and if you felt like it, give the money back to the club.
    Man thats what Sims is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

How about using your salary externally? Download kits or face packs or something like that

CSF wrote: »
    Man thats what Sims is for.

Then why bother keeping track of how much you have earned? Ether get rid of it, or give something to spend it on. As it is, it's pointless.

I'd like if it led to the option of buying or investing in a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

More variety in the team talks and I have to agree with people on the press conference. They are tedious. Oh and cleaning the database is a great idea. After a few years you spend more time processing than playing

Im in the year 2040 and run leagues in England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal and France and haven't noticed any slow down in my game at all oddly enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,132 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Then why bother keeping track of how much you have earned? Ether get rid of it, or give something to spend it on. As it is, it's pointless.

I'd like if it led to the option of buying or investing in a club.
    It is pointless. There is no major point to it, but no claim is made to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Be more aggressive towards the Press.

Something I forgot to mention, which is odd since I wanted it last year too.

The ability to be a Reserve team or Under age team manager at club level. The jobs are advertised but I have yet to see the option to apply for them so I'm guessing it still hasnt been introduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I would love for Messi to stop winning World Player of the year. it took 6 years before Zlatan won it for me and even then took Messi being injured and Zlatan scoring 40 league goals and winning champions league.:mad:

I agree with the contract situation, why do they always want crazy amounts when they are an average player, who do they think they are Reo Coker :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

To better replicate players like Messi, Ronaldo etc. I don't think either lives up to how good they are in real life in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭glenjamin

More media interaction. Throw in a newspaper graphic with the headlines reading "United win the league", "Real bid £40m for Bale", "Brazil win the World Cup", or "glenjamin set for Barca post?". Whatever is relevant to you or whatever is considered back page news.

Every year when I get FM I always choose Boro and within 5 seasons I've usually won the Prem or the Champs League. However a season later I'm finishing second and the board are on my back saying they're disappointed I only qualified for the Champion's League by finishing second. Without me the club would still be a midtable Championship club. The game needs to change so that the board and the fans are never on my back unless we've gone from title contenders to fighting relegation. Wenger goes 7 season in real life without winning a trophy but the board always back him because of what he's achieved at Arsenal.

Agents. Some 19 year old Dutch lad is about to get a dream move to the Champions League winners but then his agent asks for £2m for himself and costs his client the move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

More of a say in stadium expansion.

I drag Cambridge Utd up from the BSQ to the Championship and maybe 5 years later and a few years turnover in the bank do I get an expansion which promptly gets close to 100% capacity. I wanted this sooner and I can clear the debt

I'm decent with the lower league clubs and if I could have a say in finance and the architects plans I'd be very happy an could drive the club onwards!

glenjamin wrote: »
    Agents. Some 19 year old Dutch lad is about to get a dream move to the Champions League winners but then his agent asks for £2m for himself and costs his client the move.

Dont know if it is just me, but in 13 I've noticed a lot of agents getting sacked after deals fall through.

Dont know if it is just me, but in 13 I've noticed a lot of agents getting sacked after deals fall through.
    I've seen this once in 7 seasons. Not enough.

glenjamin wrote: »

This has been confirmed by SI. You can ask a player to sack his agent.

player_interaction_1.png

*Also testimonials included in FM14. Woop!

• Advertisement

Testimonials? Meh, getting agents the sack? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

Really hope there is a better tablet version of the game, cant say the current version inspires game play

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The ability to disable everything International related.

I just want to be Man Utd, I don't care about England qualifiers or anything like that now, the world cup, euros etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Above, probably the most ridiculous wish I've ever seen, its a football management simulator, yet you want them to leave out internationals....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I'd love a 'fantasy' setting. That would do away with the reputation element in the game. I do like the realistic aspect of it but there are times when I'd just like to have a little fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

IvySlayer wrote: »
    The ability to disable everything International related.

I just want to be Man Utd, I don't care about England qualifiers or anything like that now, the world cup, euros etc

You know you can un-suscribe yourself from the news posts about the internationals?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 95 ✭✭Judge Roy Bean

Better match engine, more realistic stadium look

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭2009_

Id love to be able to talk "granny rule" players into joining your country
    ie. michael keane for ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I just hope they change the way player off the year gets awarded, its like Messi for at least 9 seasons.
    Ive had players outscore him in the League and champions league and they didnt even get in the voting list

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭L.A.D

I've been testing the BETA

Game is as frustrating as ever, half way through season, hover between 14th and 8th as Leeds, very inconsistent. Using Mowatt and Luke Parkin a lot. Still struggling to get rid of any deadwood.

Beta has limited database so picked up some good young Scottish players.

Won't be rolling my save into full game as I play with huge custom database of 250k players

Advertisement