Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall Plug Extenders

Options
  • 01-07-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking to extend my wired connection to an up stairs bedrooms. Ideally I 'd like to connect a small switch in the bedroom. Is this possible with these extenders and if so can you guys recommend a model?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Perhaps move this to net and comms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

If you mean using powerline adaptors and then an ethernet switch at the remote end for two or more devices connected, then yes, it should work, at least mine does anyway.
    I use TP Link Nano 200 adaptors and a cheap ethernet five way switch with a Raspberry Pi and a Freesat+ PVR attached for streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I bought these. I knew what I was getting up front (they're limited to 100Mbps at an ethernet level). I'm happy with them. I get the full 100Mbps give or take.

You can definitely use them with a switch alright. Bear in mind that adding extra adapters to your power circuit will reduce throughput as they use an interrupt mechanism that causes a high retransmission rate in instances where multiple adapters are trying to communicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Guys,

Thanks for input. I have ordered the TP adapters.

Advertisement