Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LPG Usage Verses Natural Gas???

• 01-07-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm swithing my current electric hob/oven for a gas range style cooker. Im thinking of using the LPG bottled gas cylinders, as I will only be using gas for the cooking and not any heating/water.

Does anyone know what size of one to use and how long will you normally get out of that size cylinder? Also do they work out quite expensive compared to the kWHr of natural gas? I know the standing charge might be costly if i'm only using it for cooking, and go the piped route.

Thanks for your advice.

Comments

We use one 70kg cylinder every six months on our gas hob, they cost about €85 a fill at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Markcheese

By the time you get the connection,then bring a line through the house to the kitchen and hook it up , you'd probably be better off with LPG ...
    If you already have an electric cooker would you not go a dual fuel range ... Electricity better for the oven...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭little me

Markcheese wrote: »
    By the time you get the connection,then bring a line through the house to the kitchen and hook it up , you'd probably be better off with LPG ...
    If you already have an electric cooker would you not go a dual fuel range ... Electricity better for the oven...

thanks. yeah im going to get a dual fuel cooker, so only need gas for the hob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭whizbang

we use 11Kg cylinder every 6 months for hob only. Oh and maybe a barbie or two:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Still on my first 70kg gas bottle since December.
    Dual bottle system, when one is empty, switch over to bottle 2 and get a refill for bottle 1. Simples.

• Advertisement

stoneill wrote: »
    Still on my first 70kg gas bottle since December.
    Dual bottle system, when one is empty, switch over to bottle 2 and get a refill for bottle 1. Simples.
    Similar setup here, except that the changeover is manual, as in unscrew valve from one cylinder to the other.

Advertisement