Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting- no Properly functioning Fridge or Oven, please advise

Options
  • 01-07-2013 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

I'm hoping this is the right place, I'm currently renting and the oven and fridge are not working proparly. The oven has been "fixed" before bit it's the same again. I'm just wondering what rights I have to argue that they need to be sorted out as the landlord keeps putting it off telling us he'll get it sorted next week!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi Lola- the minimum standards for a rental property are spelt out here

Gently remind the landlord that he is in breach of his obligations- and that you would rather he sorted it, than you having to take alternate action (aka a complaint to the PRTB).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

Hi Lola- the minimum standards for a rental property are spelt out here

Gently remind the landlord that he is in breach of his obligations- and that you would rather he sorted it, than you having to take alternate action (aka a complaint to the PRTB).

Great thanks, I was looking for that page earlier and couldn't find it!

Advertisement