Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit issue - charged for pre-existing damages

Options
  • 01-07-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

I moved into a place about 9 months ago. The base of the bed in my room was damaged, there was a plank of wood supporting it under the mattress. But it was fine to sleep on so I never demanded it be replaced

I moved out back in April, giving full notice. Expected a bit of a wait to get my deposit back [minus last of the bills]

Heard nothing, so chased it up with the leaseholder. He informed me a new person moved in last week, and demanded the bed be replaced. Now the Landlord [who I've never met / spoke to] is saying he wants to bill me for the replacement

Is there anything I can/should do about this?

I had no rent agreement, I was told I was subletting the room from the leaseholder [which was not the case, as my deposit was sent on to the Landlord]. Would this affect the deposit?

Advertisement