Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip Permits

Options
  • 01-07-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey all

Was wondering what the deal is with hiring a skip and having it on the street permit-wise. I assume I'd need one, who do I contact and any idea how much it'd cost?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

If you have a driveway... park the skip on it and just park your car on the street. That way you won't need a permit.

The permit is a ridiculous price... it doesn't matter if the skip is parked outside a house on a main street in the town or outside a residential house in any estate... it is the same price: €25 per skip per day no matter what size the skip is. This also is the same for skip bags

So if you can avoid parking the skip outside on the road/street, then do or it is going to get expensive!

If you are stuck though and need to park it on the street or road... then you apply to navan town council for the permit or licence as they call it and pay them. One form for town streets and another different form for anywhere else... like a housing estate.

Also, just a side note... if you don't have it there is a big fine if a uppity neighbour decides to call the council on you and most skip companies won't drop the skip on the road or street without you having the permit for them to see in advance. The permit is basically insurance for the council just in case little tommy cycles into the corner of your skip and claims off the council.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement