Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could you recommend a good water filter?

• 01-07-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I'm trying to avoid a plastic one. Carahealth.com sells a non-plastic water filter at 200 euro. The website's on the kooky side, but do you think the filter's worth the price?

http://www.carahealth.com/index.php/component/rokecwid/?view=ecwid#ecwid:mode=product&product=20287510

gravity_2.jpg

From the link: It's

"Capable of producing up to 50 litres per day of freshly filtered water. Gravity Fed Water Filters remove 99% of contaminants, producing clean and safe drinking water from tap, well, river & rain supplies. Only 3 cents a litre - no installation costs!
    Removes 99%
    Bacteria & Amoebas: Cryptosporidium, E –Coli, Giardia, etc.
    Chemicals: Chlorine, Ammonia, Lindane, etc.
    Heavy metals & suspended solids: Lead, Copper, Mercury, Cadmium, etc.
    Fluoride removal available"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Duzzie

At that price, i'd go for a reverse osmosis filter. Lots of different models available on Amazon, you can buy them here but they cost a lot more. I have one and the water from it tastes much better than tap water. Takes out almost everything, leave very pure water.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Do these definitely remove flouride? I didn't think it could be removed from filtering alone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Have use these guys for over 10 years and cant complain (even took the filter with me when i moved house three times)

http://simplywater.com/index.php/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hemmings

I use a carahealth gravity water filter (1st post) I have had for 8 years and they were the first I came across to identify fluoride as an issue in the water, it has also helped me through cryptosparidium & lead in Galway water and is perfect as I rent. I like the company because they employ a professional naturopath to research & test their products. Also if you check their web site there are lots of free articles on natural health as well as water issues.

I now use their bone char filters as this removes fluoride but does not need the 2nd plastic fluoride filter so is more environmentally friendly and cheaper.

research reverse osmosis and distilled water because of health risks and environmental impacts.

I hope this helps

Advertisement