Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leg injury....how to keep going

• 01-07-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

For reasons i'm currentlt trying to get to the bottom of i'm carrying an injury and need to rest my leg. The doc says no running, no cycling, no nothing. Rest my leg only.

My question is what can i do to keep up the fitness levels. Can anyone help me build a training and diet plan? All help much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

For reasons i'm currentlt trying to get to the bottom of i'm carrying an injury and need to rest my leg. The doc says no running, no cycling, no nothing. Rest my leg only.

My question is what can i do to keep up the fitness levels. Can anyone help me build a training and diet plan? All help much appreciated.

Get a second opinion from a Physio / Sports Therapist. Majority of doctors will approach a muscle injury as they would an illness but more often than not you can continue doing some form of exercise if it is muscular.

Majority of injuries that I see would not involve prolonged resting periods as the aim is to retrain a muscle and enable increased bloodflow to allow the affected area to recover quicker.*

(* reference to sports related muscle injuries for the most part)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Wil Tierney

ecoli wrote: »
    Get a second opinion from a Physio / Sports Therapist. Majority of doctors will approach a muscle injury as they would an illness but more often than not you can continue doing some form of exercise if it is muscular.

Majority of injuries that I see would not involve prolonged resting periods as the aim is to retrain a muscle and enable increased bloodflow to allow the affected area to recover quicker.*

(* reference to sports related muscle injuries for the most part)

Thanks for reply. The injury is not muscle related.

Advertisement