Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap generator

Options
  • 01-07-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

800W €74.99 in Aldi. See here. I thought it might interest you lads in this forum more than the main motors forum, even though I'm never in here normally :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

unkel wrote: »
    800W €74.99 in Aldi. See here. I thought it might interest you lads in this forum more than the main motors forum, even though I'm never in here normally :)

I got one a few years ago. They are very basic with a two stroke engine and it went back faulty after a bit of use (got a full no quibble refund).

OK for power tools or emergency lighting etc. but I wouldn't put one near the motorhome as the voltage and frequency can vary dependent on engine load/speed and might not do modern sophisticated electronics any good :eek:

To be safe one with Digital Pure Sine Wave Technology like THIS ONE is a better option, or the Honda equivalent if the budget is big enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

we went through a stage a while ago thinking we would use a jenny but when we realized that the most time we would would be off hook up would be 2 maybe 3 nights at the most and the rest of the time we would have onsite hook up,a well managed battery should have no bodder giving us all the power we would ever need,
    The same applies to for solar nice to have but unless you are going to be off hook up for days/weeks on end spend your money on some other nice gadgets

niloc1951 wrote: »
    To be safe one with Digital Pure Sine Wave Technology like THIS ONE is a better option, or the Honda equivalent if the budget is big enough.

If the budget is that big, I'd advocate solar is a much better & cleaner option.

Advertisement