Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an post parcel collection

Options
  • 01-07-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi. I posted a parcel to my mother in law last week. She got a docket in the door as was not home. She is elderly and has no idea what to do to get parcel. She tried calling but couldn't get thru. Does anyone know where in wAterford parcel collection would be? She lives in newrath. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

She must collect it at the local post office, name should be on the docket.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Most likely it's in the sorting office in the Northern Extension. That's where mine always end up.
    dechol wrote: »
    Hi. I posted a parcel to my mother in law last week. She got a docket in the door as was not home. She is elderly and has no idea what to do to get parcel. She tried calling but couldn't get thru. Does anyone know where in wAterford parcel collection would be? She lives in newrath. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

smaoifs wrote: »
    Most likely it's in the sorting office in the Northern Extension. That's where mine always end up.

Yep the sorting office in the Northern Extension has a little hatch where you get stuff when you've missed the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yep the sorting office in the Northern Extension has a little hatch where you get stuff when you've missed the delivery.
    Sorry but Where is that exactly? Never heard of northern extension

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

There is a map in the docket, also I think it only held for 5 days in sorting office

• Advertisement

thomasm wrote: »
    There is a map in the docket, also I think it only held for 5 days in sorting office

Ok. Thanks a million. She got docket last wed so if five working days she should be ok. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Think there is an option to ring them and ask for a re delivery if not able to collect yourself, like an elderly person, not sure though.

Its up on the cleaboy road near the nct centre but not in there, its the turn right at the new roundabout before that.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Think there is an option to ring them and ask for a re delivery if not able to collect yourself, like an elderly person, not sure though.

Its up on the cleaboy road near the nct centre but not in there, its the turn right at the new roundabout before that.

Thanks. I will tell her to call them. Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I found the map awful. The best way to describe it - if your coming from the Outter Ring Road, head out past Harvey Norman and swing right to head out towards the Industrial Estates, Cleaboy and the NCT. Take the second business park entrance on your left and head straight down IIRC. Very last building on the left, all fenced in.

In the City, all parcels end up there and not in your local PO it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

It's here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 katanajay

Hi You should try have a chat with her actual postman or get her to try catch him next time out, the lads are dead sound in the post office, he`ll bring it back out for her free of charge. If you ring the office they may put a charge on it to be redelivered. :-) nothing to do with the postman (that charge) it`s just their policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think you have the same post man as me and he will have a look for it and bring it back out, if you catch him.

Did you put a return address on the box? If not they well keep it at the dept in the back room until it is collected.

Advertisement