Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a bike that's off the road? Act now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

i though if your bike is off the road you need to declare it anyway, when applyinig for new tax disc. stamped form from guards would do the job. now whats the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Like it says on the MAG site, either you declare it off the road in the next three months, or you're liable for the road tax due since the expiry of the last disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

So it's like the SORN system in the UK? (Statutory Off Road Notice)

I crashed the bike last September, the tax expired in November. Right now, it's still off the road, could be another 3 or 4 months before it's rebuilt, will I have to do this now or will I only need to worry about it from October?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

P.K.M. wrote: »
    So it's like the SORN system in the UK? (Statutory Off Road Notice)

Essentially, yes.
    P.K.M. wrote: »
    I crashed the bike last September, the tax expired in November. Right now, it's still off the road, could be another 3 or 4 months before it's rebuilt, will I have to do this now or will I only need to worry about it from October?

As long as you declare it off the road before 1 October you should be OK.

If you don't, you'd have to tax it from last November.

Advertisement