Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extra module in ul

Options
  • 01-07-2013 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

How much is it to take up an extra module in UL?

My first semester in 2nd year is very bad because I was still in 1st year mode. My semester qcas have been high since but its hard to get a decent overall qca because of it. I was wondering could I take up a module from first year and retake it uncapped to be added to the 2bd year qca? Is that possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

I'm pretty sure once you've completed the year and progressed on then you're not able to do a link-in. But I'm not 100 % sure. The people who can best answer this question are SAA: http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Student_Affairs/Student_Administration/Student_Academic_Administration

Pop them a mail or phone them and they can tell you straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

doggle wrote: »
    could I take up a module from first year and retake it uncapped to be added to the 2bd year qca?

First year shouldn't count towards your final QCA anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

I took on an extra module as part of my MA this year. While i have a grade for the module i have been imformed that it does not effect my QCA. So i assume that this would be the same with you. depending on the course you are doing i would not bother redoing the module unless their is a reason for this such as exemptions.

Advertisement