Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Bathroom

• 01-07-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi
    Has anybody recently had a new bathroom fitted? If so any recommendations for Dublin area?
    Looking at a full refit of main and ensuite, tiles, showers fixtures fittings etc. how much would be a rough guide to cost? I have received a quote which seems excessive considering but I have not had to do before so perhaps it's the going rate. Not overly excessive in terms of fixtures/fittings I.e. not very expensive taste and looking at >10k (to cover both rooms) perhaps this is fair rate??
    Any suggestions of full bathroom suppliers would be appreciated, I know we could save money getting each tradesman separate but that obviously has its issues in terms of organisation
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

TBH, you are much better off picking & purchasing the suite, taps, showers, tiles, adhesives, etc yourself & get in a good tiler you get from recommendations & a good plumber from recommendations.
    It is only 2 trades you require. Plumber to come in first, strip out & prepare for tiler. Tiler in & then plumber back to finish. Possibly a sparks for wiring, but usually plumber will know one & their works will be very small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

10k seems quite expensive,unless your bathrooms are big and your fitting marble tiles.I think you should call a recommended tiler and plumber before you buy anything.The tiler will give you the full list of materials required for the job and what type of adhesive to buy.Good tilers will not use some poor quality or ready made bucket adhesive!.The plumber will advise you if you want him/her to price the job
    If you get the right people that come highly recommended you wont have any problems and you will have good quality work and a nice few quid left in your pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Price around, especially on the adhesive and grout. Don't by shy about picking it up in a different place to where you buy your tiles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

i know a very good tiler in dublin. top man. if you want his number contact myself. he has his own plumber. hes the best iv seen. (outside cork that is ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jonathondoe

agusta wrote: »
    10k seems quite expensive,unless your bathrooms are big and your fitting marble tiles.I think you should call a recommended tiler and plumber before you buy anything.The tiler will give you the full list of materials required for the job and what type of adhesive to buy.Good tilers will not use some poor quality or ready made bucket adhesive!.The plumber will advise you if you want him/her to price the job
    If you get the right people that come highly recommended you wont have any problems and you will have good quality work and a nice few quid left in your pocket.

Thanks for all the feedback, bathrooms would be quite small really, very small to be brutally honest. Fairly bog standard tiles too 12/13€ sq metre so it's not all tiling related. I'll keep looking, just wanted make sure I wasn't way off the mark as I was thinking 10k pretty hefty price to pay.
    Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

I was thinking 10k pretty hefty price to pay.
    Thanks again

Ill travel for 10k. no problem. i can be on the next flight from cork. just give me the nod.:o

Advertisement