Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Shambles of an order.

Options
  • 01-07-2013 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I had eFibre in my last address for a week before having to move. l placed my moving address request at the start of June (5th or so). Eircom rang a few days later and the move was put in motion. On the 11th my old address broadband account was disabled, and the phone service moved to the new address. 2 weeks later, the technician still hadn't rang. So the wife rings up Eircom to find out what's going on.

The order has been stopped as "there is another provider on the line". I had my new landlord fax a letter to instruct that there is no account on the line. Eventually, after another week of nothing from Eircom l rang again. This time, the rep let slip that the new account causing the issue was registered on the 14th, after I had registered my address change, which is impossible.

My wife rang again the next day to be told there is a date set for the installation. The 26th of July. She complained that we had been waiting long enough and that it was ridiculous we were waiting so long. We were then told by the rep that it was possible to get the date set to the first of July in the morning.

So today comes, and no technician. So we ring up to find out where they are, to be told that the previous rep had lied. After 2or3 transfers, we are told that we can get standard broadband until efibre is installed.

We are then put through to another department, who don't let us finish the sentence to explain Why we were transferred, and hangs up.

We rang again, went through the whole process again, only to be told that we cannot get standard broadband, before being transferred to yet another department that rang for 15 minutes before we gave up.

Fed up, I tried to cancel my entire account due to the Shoddy service. the first person to answer simply said "this is the wrong department" and transferred me to another endless ringer. The second time I tried to cancel, l gave up after no one answered after 10 minutes.

l then tried to lodge a complaint about the Contempt shown towards your customers, only for the complaints rep to transfer me to customer care.

This entire order has been an entire Joke, with myself and my wife being outright lied to. l still have no connection and have no idea if my order even exists!

I want a copy of each of my calls to 1901 as I want to take this unbelievably unacceptable treatment to ComReg.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Flibbles wrote: »
    I had eFibre in my last address for a week before having to move. l placed my moving address request at the start of June (5th or so). Eircom rang a few days later and the move was put in motion. On the 11th my old address broadband account was disabled, and the phone service moved to the new address. 2 weeks later, the technician still hadn't rang. So the wife rings up Eircom to find out what's going on.

The order has been stopped as "there is another provider on the line". I had my new landlord fax a letter to instruct that there is no account on the line. Eventually, after another week of nothing from Eircom l rang again. This time, the rep let slip that the new account causing the issue was registered on the 14th, after I had registered my address change, which is impossible.

My wife rang again the next day to be told there is a date set for the installation. The 26th of July. She complained that we had been waiting long enough and that it was ridiculous we were waiting so long. We were then told by the rep that it was possible to get the date set to the first of July in the morning.

So today comes, and no technician. So we ring up to find out where they are, to be told that the previous rep had lied. After 2or3 transfers, we are told that we can get standard broadband until efibre is installed.

We are then put through to another department, who don't let us finish the sentence to explain Why we were transferred, and hangs up.

We rang again, went through the whole process again, only to be told that we cannot get standard broadband, before being transferred to yet another department that rang for 15 minutes before we gave up.

Fed up, I tried to cancel my entire account due to the Shoddy service. the first person to answer simply said "this is the wrong department" and transferred me to another endless ringer. The second time I tried to cancel, l gave up after no one answered after 10 minutes.

l then tried to lodge a complaint about the Contempt shown towards your customers, only for the complaints rep to transfer me to customer care.

This entire order has been an entire Joke, with myself and my wife being outright lied to. l still have no connection and have no idea if my order even exists!

I want a copy of each of my calls to 1901 as I want to take this unbelievably unacceptable treatment to ComReg.

Hi Flibbles,

I have been going through your previous posts and cases with us. Can you send me a private message with the address you have moved to and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

PM sent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

wow,flibbles they have been spot on with me but if they treated me like that,i would cancel,although i dont think i could afford the 300 odd euro cancellation fee,companies like eircom really have us over a barrel.

but in my experience they have been very understanding and helpful i have always had my issues sorted and have never been waiting long when on hold...i hope it stays that way.

wow,flibbles they have been spot on with me but if they treated me like that,i would cancel,although i dont think i could afford the 300 odd euro cancellation fee,companies like eircom really have us over a barrel.

but in my experience they have been very understanding and helpful i have always had my issues sorted and have never been waiting long when on hold...i hope it stays that way.

I tried to. Twice.

For anyone following this thread - the 26th is not the appointment date. It is the "estimated completion date". I do not even have an appointment yet, despite many reps telling me that that is the date it will be installed.

• Advertisement

For anyone following this thread - the 26th is not the appointment date. It is the "estimated completion date". I do not even have an appointment yet, despite many reps telling me that that is the date it will be installed.

Hi Flibbles

I Got your PM and have sent on another follow up this morning. I am still waiting on an update.

Thanks, Mark

Another day, no real news.

Another day, no real news.
    Hi Flibbles

I appreciate it is taking some time to get an appointment date. However there are a number of orders placed for efibre in the area.

Our engineers are trying to complete the orders as they were placed and queued. However as soon as an appointment is made for your order our efibre back office team will give you a call to confirm the date and time.

Thanks, Mark

One bit of good news, I received a bill today. From the day my eFibre was turned off until now I have not been charged for the service.

One bit of good news, I received a bill today. From the day my eFibre was turned off until now I have not been charged for the service.

Hi Flibbles

I have no news as yet on the appointment. However I will keep pushing and follow up with you on Monday.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Wife rang again on Friday, was told a note had been attached to our account and that a rep would ring "within 24 hours". Haven't heard from Eircom since. 

I'm well aware that the engineers are busy with a lot of requests from my area, but this should have been sorted weeks ago when the order was first requested, not bogged down with weeks of incorrect information and outright lying to the customer.

Wife rang again on Friday, was told a note had been attached to our account and that a rep would ring "within 24 hours". Haven't heard from Eircom since. 

I'm well aware that the engineers are busy with a lot of requests from my area, but this should have been sorted weeks ago when the order was first requested, not bogged down with weeks of incorrect information and outright lying to the customer.

Hi Flibbles

I completely understand the frustration. I sent another follow up. I want to insure that I have some absolute definitive information before I get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

If I was to cancel my phone line and this joke of an order now, would I have any early termination fees, or do you have me over a table with that too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Flibbles,

I'm sorry for the delay with this order, it is still being looked into at the moment.

To speak to the cancellation section please dial 1901 (telephone number, option 4 and 3) They will discuss all your options with you.

Thanks

Tracey

Week 6 of the debacle. I'd be less angry if I knew the cabinet isn't already enabled, but I know for a fact that people near me already have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kitschy_Cat

I completely agree with you on Eircom's poor customer service. Myself and my boyfriend have recently moved into an apartment with an Eircom line and have been trying for the last month to obtain a user account number or establish a new account.. The hassle we have had is unbelievable and Eircom has not been helpful at all. In one more effort to resolve our problem, I emailed Eircom two weeks ago. They boast a 24hour response time and yet I still have not heard anything. 

We have requested the help of our landlord to contact them on our behalf because we our fed up at this stage.

I completely agree with you on Eircom's poor customer service. Myself and my boyfriend have recently moved into an apartment with an Eircom line and have been trying for the last month to obtain a user account number or establish a new account.. The hassle we have had is unbelievable and Eircom has not been helpful at all. In one more effort to resolve our problem, I emailed Eircom two weeks ago. They boast a 24hour response time and yet I still have not heard anything. 

We have requested the help of our landlord to contact them on our behalf because we our fed up at this stage.
    I had my landlord involved in the first week, it involved faxing hourly that there should be no active connection in the house. Which turned out to be our own one, since Eircom consider a phone line provided by Eircom to be a different provider than Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Agreed, absolutely brutal. 

In the last two weeks, I've spent over 3 hours on the phone going over and over the same thing with various sales agents who have a script about emobile and packages and who all seem completely unable to deviate from this script, even though I tell each of them at the start of the call that I am not interested. All we are trying to do is become a customer. Latest is that it will take 5 days to activate the line, and a further 10 days after that to activate the broadband, plus a further 3 days after that to send the router. The line IS already active, the previous occupant just moved out you muppets. Just post the router. Arg. The internal systems in eircome are in the dark ages.

Non-paper billing... not possible aparantly.

Anyway. I'm 5 days away from telling them to go screw themselves and going to another provider. I'm supposed to be getting texts and emails notifying me of progress... nothing so far. If nothing transpires, I'm out the gap.

We actually thought they would be the easier option, as the previous occupant also had eircom, should have been a straight switch as it was with Electric, Gas etc.  When I got UPC in the last place I had it up and running the next day. This is week 3 of the eircom saga for us, with no end in sight.

Just woeful.

pwurple wrote: »
    Agreed, absolutely brutal. 

In the last two weeks, I've spent over 3 hours on the phone going over and over the same thing with various sales agents who have a script about emobile and packages and who all seem completely unable to deviate from this script, even though I tell each of them at the start of the call that I am not interested. All we are trying to do is become a customer. Latest is that it will take 5 days to activate the line, and a further 10 days after that to activate the broadband, plus a further 3 days after that to send the router. The line IS already active, the previous occupant just moved out you muppets. Just post the router. Arg. The internal systems in eircome are in the dark ages.

Non-paper billing... not possible aparantly.

Anyway. I'm 5 days away from telling them to go screw themselves and going to another provider. I'm supposed to be getting texts and emails notifying me of progress... nothing so far. If nothing transpires, I'm out the gap.

We actually thought they would be the easier option, as the previous occupant also had eircom, should have been a straight switch as it was with Electric, Gas etc.  When I got UPC in the last place I had it up and running the next day. This is week 3 of the eircom saga for us, with no end in sight.

Just woeful.

Good luck, the only reason I'm sticking this out is because I've been unable to get to the cancellation department. Every single time I've tried I've been transferred to a department that rings for 20 minutes before I give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Kitschy_Cat

Would you like to PM some contact details for you? I would be happy to discuss this with you and do my best to help.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Kitschy_Cat

Hi Alan, 

Thanks for the offer but we are blue in the face explaining the situation over phone/email and would just be back to square one really. As I said, the landlord is dealing with it now and giving us daily updates so fingers crossed it gets sorted. 

I just find it strange and unbelievable how something so simple could be made so complex through inefficient procedures in place/poor organisational structure/training.

Hi Alan, 

Thanks for the offer but we are blue in the face explaining the situation over phone/email and would just be back to square one really. As I said, the landlord is dealing with it now and giving us daily updates so fingers crossed it gets sorted. 

I just find it strange and unbelievable how something so simple could be made so complex through inefficient procedures in place/poor organisational structure/training.
    Ok Kitschy_Cat

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Al

Since Mark appears to have given up, can any other reps help me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My case gets even more ridiculous. Our house was disconnected through a cancellation order, even though we just wanted it transferred to us... but not only did they disconnect us, they also disconnected everyone else on our street at the same time. Only found out last night when I was talking to the neighbours about it. They have been without service for 4 days. Poor guy who normally works from home has had to get taxis to internet cafes for his working day instead. They too have been phoning every day from their mobiles for hours to try to get it resolved.

Worst customer support ever.

My case gets even more ridiculous. Our house was disconnected through a cancellation order, even though we just wanted it transferred to us... but not only did they disconnect us, they also disconnected everyone else on our street at the same time. Only found out last night when I was talking to the neighbours about it. They have been without service for 4 days. Poor guy who normally works from home has had to get taxis to internet cafes for his working day instead. They too have been phoning every day from their mobiles for hours to try to get it resolved.

Sounds like court case level of incompetence and negligence to me.

Hi pwurple

I'm sorry to hear of this. It seems very odd that every house in your areahas had their account closed down in error as I've never heard of such an occurrence. There may be a technical issue in your area which can take time to resolve depending on the nature of the issue.

If you would like to PM me your contact details I'll discuss this with youand try my best to help with your issue transferring the account to your name?

Thanks

Al

Since Mark appears to have given up, can any other reps help me?

Hi Flibbles

To date, we do not have a further update to your query however I would like to assure you we are doing our best to have some clarification on this and trying to establish a resolution to this.

Al

Only a week and 2 days before the "forecast completion date" is missed. Tempted to start a pool at work on if it actually happens.

Only a week and 2 days before the "forecast completion date" is missed. Tempted to start a pool at work on if it actually happens.
    We will be in touch as soon as we have news on this Flibbles

Al
    [url defaultattr=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u="381871"][/url]

• Advertisement

Welp, I rang to check the order. Can't be found in the system. Old account is there, but no order. I created a new order there and then and it's being installed next Friday. whether or not it happens is to be seen but I have high hopes.

Advertisement