Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Shambles of an order.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Flibbles wrote: »
    Welp, I rang to check the order. Can't be found in the system. Old account is there, but no order. I created a new order there and then and it's being installed next Friday. whether or not it happens is to be seen but I have high hopes.
    Hi Flibbles

That's good to hear, we sent on your details to the efibre escalation team and they advised it would be best to cancel and re-issue the order to generate an appointment as quickly as possible, we had intended to contact you today to place the new order as your old order has just been recently cancelled (yesterday).

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Hi Flibbles

That's good to hear, we sent on your details to the efibre escalation team and they advised it would be best to cancel and re-issue the order to generate an appointment as quickly as possible, we had intended to contact you today to place the new order as your old order has just been recently cancelled (yesterday).

Thanks

Al
    Well, isn't that some lucky timing...you'll forgive me if I don't exactly believe it considering the number of times I've been lied to at this point.

In any case, I'm not singing any praises or letting out any relief until next Friday.

Well, isn't that some lucky timing...you'll forgive me if I don't exactly believe it considering the number of times I've been lied to at this point.

In any case, I'm not singing any praises or letting out any relief until next Friday.
    Ok
    Flibbles

I understand your feelings on this and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hi pwurple

I'm sorry to hear of this. It seems very odd that every house in your areahas had their account closed down in error as I've never heard of such an occurrence. There may be a technical issue in your area which can take time to resolve depending on the nature of the issue.

If you would like to PM me your contact details I'll discuss this with youand try my best to help with your issue transferring the account to your name?

Thanks

Al
    Detail's PM'ed.

pwurple wrote: »
    Detail's PM'ed.
    Thanks for taking my call pwurple

I'll get back to you as soon as I have some clarification on the socket location issue

Al

• Advertisement

Today is the day, and with text from Eircom yesterday, I'm on the phone now. 

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaand lied to again! On the phone originally, I'm told the date and morning appointment is confirmed. On the phone today, the order date was not confirmed and as such it has to be emailed off to the eFibre "Experts" and they will ring me on my mobile number that I gave.

**** you Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Today is the day, and with text from Eircom yesterday, I'm on the phone now. 

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaand lied to again! On the phone originally, I'm told the date and morning appointment is confirmed. On the phone today, the order date was not confirmed and as such it has to be emailed off to the eFibre "Experts" and they will ring me on my mobile number that I gave.

**** you Eircom.

Hi Flibbles

Have you still received no call today?

Mark

Hi Flibbles

Have you still received no call today?

Mark
    No, because I had to call them to find out I do not have an installation date. My post quite clearly states this.

No, because I had to call them to find out I do not have an installation date. My post quite clearly states this.

ok,

I have been pushing your case with the efibre escalation team on a daily basis requesting a call back. I will keep on it for you.

Mark

So my wife rang again for a laugh.

This time she was told that there was no such order for the 26th, and it was actually the 31st in the morning!

This company is a ****ing joke!

• Advertisement

Sooooo today is the day (again). No text or call yesterday, but we'll see! Morning appointment so I'll know by 1 o'clock if I'm being dicked around again.

Surprise surprise! Installation date was not confirmed. So I got the wife to ring up and close and cancel all of our eircom products. Next stop, I'll try vodafone. I recorded the cancellation call myself to make sure that there will be no arsing about regarding the cancellation. I have proof we cancelled, and proof that the person said "yes, the cancellation request has been put through".

Feel free to let your upper management know that ****ty service like this is why Eircom is circling the drain.

So our house phone still works today, the wife rang up to find out what is going on.

MOOOOOOOOOOOORE LIIIIIIIIIES!

Thankfully, we have it recorded as well! Comreg are going to love this.

Now we've been told that we can't just close the account by ringing up, even though that's what we did a week ago. We were also told that it can take up to a month to close the account as there is a pending order, even though we were told 24 - 48 hours last time. Better yet, they have to resend the cancellation order for seemingly no reason.

So not only have you deprived me of a home connection when I was trying to order it from you, you are now depriving me of a connection from different companies! 

All I want, and have wanted from the start, is a home internet connection. Why has Eircom taken it upon themselves to make it so hard for me to do this? And why is it that either my wife or myself have to call to find out the information you should be supplying to us?

This is an absolute joke.

ComReg got back to me at least, one step closer to having some kind of resolution.

Incidentally, I've been trying to lodge a complaint (in fact, both myself and my wife have been) with Eircom since the 26th. Last week the newest response I received was "We need your account number to go forward with this complaint."

The account number was the very first line of the first complaint email we had sent. It seems that the complaints people are unable to read.

Vodafone rep rang there, my eircom account seems to be closed, but the line is still locked. I was told to ring and that should be the end of the Eircom side of the saga. I'll get the wife to do it at 1 and we'll see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

I see I'm not the only one enduring a saga of lies and half-truths. Hope your is nearly at an end.

The account isn't closed! Not only that, but I've been lied to again! As ever, I have the specified calls recorded.

On the 31st of July we put in our first cancellation notice. We have the person on a recording telling us that the cancellation is put through, and that it should take 24 to 48 hours. (which was already explained in a previous post to be a lie).

Now we've been told that the only cancellation on our account is from the 8th, and it'll take until the 8th of September for it to be closed.

I have both calls recorded as the complaints department has stopped responding to my wife's emails. I want my account closed by the 31st of August. Either way, I have more evidence for ComReg.

The account isn't closed! Not only that, but I've been lied to again! As ever, I have the specified calls recorded.

On the 31st of July we put in our first cancellation notice. We have the person on a recording telling us that the cancellation is put through, and that it should take 24 to 48 hours. (which was already explained in a previous post to be a lie).

Now we've been told that the only cancellation on our account is from the 8th, and it'll take until the 8th of September for it to be closed.

I have both calls recorded as the complaints department has stopped responding to my wife's emails. I want my account closed by the 31st of August. Either way, I have more evidence for ComReg.
    Hi Flibbles

Mark is on holidays at present however I'm happy to help.

From what I can see from your account details your account seems completely closed with eircom however if you could please PM me your account details (to make sure I am looking at the correct account) I will look into this further and revert back to you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Wow, I actually can't believe what I am reading.

I was toying with the idea of going to Eircom but thankfully stumbled across this.

Eircom should be ashamed of themselves. Appalling

Just for clarity, the account Alan was looking at was my old account. He's looking into the eFibre one now.

• Advertisement

Hi Flibbles

I've just sent you a PM.

Please leave this with me and I will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks

Al

Hi Flibbles

I've just sent you a PM.

Please leave this with me and I will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks

Al
    No news I take it?

I expect my line to be released by the 31st, exactly one month after I placed the first cancellation order.

Hi Flibbles

I've just sent you a PM.

Thanks

Al
    No news I take it?

I expect my line to be released by the 31st, exactly one month after I placed the first cancellation order.

Hi Flibbles

Have you got any call back on your complaint.  Have you already placed the order to move to another provider.

Mark 

Hi Flibbles

I've just sent you a PM.

Thanks

Al
    No news I take it?

Hi Flibbles

Have you got any call back on your complaint.  Have you already placed the order to move to another provider.

Mark 
    It's already placed, and the complaints department have stopped emailing my wife.

Hi Flibbles

I've just sent you a PM.

Thanks

Al
    No news I take it?

Hi Flibbles

Mark 
    It's already placed, and the complaints department have stopped emailing my wife.

Ok,

I am really sorry and I am not going to make any excuses. We have tried to push a resolution for your here and I will insure that a measure of credit will be applied on your final bill,

Mark

Hi Flibbles

I've just sent you a PM.

Thanks

Al
    No news I take it?

Hi Flibbles

Mark 

Ok,

I am really sorry and I am not going to make any excuses. We have tried to push a resolution for your here and I will insure that a measure of credit will be applied on your final bill,

Mark
    I'm fully expecting this to go way beyond the 8th of September, so you'll forgive me if I'm not holding my breath in any kind of hope of an earlier fix.

My phone is still working today, could one of the reps please check to make sure the cancellation order is still there? One of them dissapeared mysteriously before and I want to make sure this one doesn't.

Any rep available to have a quick look?

Shock horror, my line is still locked and Vodafone can't use it. Will I be able to get my UAN here or do I need to call?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'd nearly be hiring a solicitor at this stage. 

Advertisement